You're hired

The amount of job applications on his desk wasn't that surprising. Lindsey Buckingham was one of the best known lawyer's in the whole of Los Angeles, having started his own firm a few years back, not to mention what a handsome man he was. Everyone wanted to work for him, so when his most recent helping hand left her job, he thought it wasn't going to be very hard to find a new one. Yet, Lindsey had his standards, and pretty high up too. 

"We'll call you." He faked a smile to a brunette sitting in front of him, who was already sure she wasn't going to have the phone ringing after all. 

Lindsey sighed, drinking from his cold cup of coffee, when one of his employee's, someone who had worked for him from the start, walked into his office. "She didn't get the job, did she?" Tom asked, taking a seat on one of the leather chairs. 

"Are you kidding? Of course not!"

"We read their dossier's together, she was perfectly capable for the position."

"That might be true, but have you looked at the woman?"

Tom rolled his eyes. "Lindsey, you have a wife at home, you shouldn't care how someone, who answers phone calls and makes coffee, looks."

"I'm not talking about myself. She'll be sitting at the front desk - the first person any client of ours will see. I don't want them to get scared and then run away."

"You're an asshole, Buckingham, you know that?" Tom laughed, shaking his head. "I think you'll end up doing the job yourself. After all, you think you're the prettiest anyway."

"Oh fuck off." Lindsey laughed, then they both looked at the door, after hearing a knock. "Well, hello there."

"Um, hello... I'm here for a job interview."

"Come on in, please." Lindsey looked at Tom briefly, indicating he should leave. He stood up, holding his hand out. "Lindsey Buckingham."

She smiled just a little, shaking his hand. "Stephanie Nicks. But everyone calls me Stevie."

"Oh, and why is that?" He showed her to sit down and she did, placing her coat over her lap, hiding her very exposed thighs due to the shortness of her skirt. 

"It's silly really... I couldn't pronounce my name when I was little, so I would introduce myself as Teedee, which later turned into Stevie."

Lindsey reached for her file and opened it, while she spoke. "Right. So, how may I call you?"

"Whichever you prefer."

"Okay then, Stephanie. Tell me something about yourself." He leaned back into his seat, as she looked down, nervously rubbing her hands together. 

"Well, um..."

"Hey, I don't bite." She smiled and he smiled back. God, she's beautiful... I want to smell her hair, it's gorgeous. Jesus, what the hell, Buckingham? She's speaking, listen!

"...so, that was my latest job that I quit. I worked ridiculous hours and it paid nothing. I... I have to be honest, I don't have much experience working for someone like you in this serious firm of lawyers, but I want to change my life for the better, that's why I applied for this position."

"You can always learn new things."

"Absolutely." She nodded. "And I'm willing to do anything." Anything, you say? How about you lay down on my desk and... "Mr. Buckingham? Is everything okay? You are being so quiet."

"What? No, no I was just... thinking. What do you consider to be your strengths?"

"I believe I am able to get used to new environment and new people fairly quickly. I try to stay away from all the drama and concentrate on the task at hand. I am a reliable person; whatever you ask of me, will get done."

How about if I ask you to wrap your full red lips around... think of that brunette, just think of her and you'll be fine, Buck! "Mhm, I see. Do you know anything about our company?"

"Well, I know that you're a big name in the city." Stevie shrugged. "I will say it again, I... well, I shouldn't probably be saying this, but I'm in desperate need of a job. I am a lot more comfortable working at a diner, where like twenty people visit for a cup of coffee in a day, compared to this grey building, consisting of brown desks and leather chairs, with everyone dressing smart and looking mean, but... I am also aware that you pay a lot more."

"So that is all? I should hire you, because you need the money? Every person that walked through this door needs it. You haven't got experience, you know nothing about us... this is not the best job interview, you realize that?"

"I do." She cocked her head back, so tears wouldn't escape her eyes; she was quite easily intimidated as of lately.

Lindsey swallowed hard, shifting in his seat, imagining how he would kiss down her throat and into her cleavage. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's not your fault." She looked back at him, bewitching him with her deep chocolate eyes. "This is not the time or place, but my personal life is making me lose it, I'm sorry."

"Where are you from, Stephanie?" 

"Born in Arizona, I've been living in Los Angeles for about ten years now. What does it have to do with the interview?"

"Nothing, you have already failed that one." 

"Oh... great." She said dryly. 

"And how old are you now?"

"Isn't my age written on the application?"

"It is, but I don't believe it."

"What, you mean, I look older than thirty three?"

"Oh no, quite the opposite. You look a lot younger."

"Is it your way of softening the blow after you told me I didn't get the job?"

"Who said that you didn't?"

Stevie frowned, she was ready to leave a minute ago. "How do you mean?"

"You worked at a diner, right? I'm sure you're capable of making coffee and answering the phone."

"Are you saying..."

"The job is yours if you want it."

"But that... that doesn't make any sense. I..."

"Do you want it or not?"

"I do!"

"Well, then congratulations. You're hired." Just because you're really hot, but that's for me to know...

"I... Oh my God, thank you so much! You will not regret it, I swear to you!" 

"I better not." Lindsey looked at her pointedly, smirking as he led her to the door. "I'm expecting you here on Monday, 8 am sharp."

"Yes, yes of course, I will be here!" She was so excited, she hugged him, then quickly pulled back, slightly embarrassed. "I shouldn't have..."

"It's fine." It's a shame I got to feel your breasts against my chest for less then a second though... "I'll see you on Monday."

Lindsey went back to his desk, shaking his head, I should seriously start thinking with the bigger head. Then in came Tom again, with the kind of 'are you kidding me' look. "Really? How is she qualified?"

"Well... for starters, she's smokin' hot. I want her and that's that."

"That's the only thing going for her." 

"Don't be jealous it won't be you banging her, buddy." Lindsey grinned, sitting in his spinning chair. "You know I get tired quickly, she'll be out by the end of the month."

"You are an asshole."

"Yeah, well. Now I'm a hero to Ms Nicks. She needs money - I gave her the job."

"Did you mention to her she'll mostly be working on her knees?"

"Oops!" 

The two men laughed as if it was the funniest joke, while Stevie, completely clueless, was the happiest she had been in a long time, as she practically skipped home, smiling big to herself.