Getting to know you

Monday morning came fast. The first person to greet Stevie, when she came through the door, was none other than Lindsey himself of course. He admired her appearance, as she was walking towards him; a black skirt that stopped mid-thigh, a figure hugging white blouse, black stilettos, hair in a high ponytail, light eye makeup and that same red lipstick, which he was glad to see make a return.

"Well, well Ms Nicks... looking smart and mean this morning." Lindsey echoed her words from the job interview, smirking. 

"Can we change that to professional?"

"Professional will do." He nodded. "Follow me to my office."

She was surprised he held the door open when they reached it, he came across so arrogant, she would have never thought he had a gentlemanly bone in his body.

"Yours is the front desk, the one you saw coming into the building. I expect to see you at it from 8 am until 12 pm, when you have an hour long lunch break, then again until 5 pm, when you're free to go home. Of course, you're allowed to go to the restroom and such, but you can't be gone longer than ten minutes. Mostly, you have to answer every call coming through and then if needed direct them to me. Every morning when I come in, you hand me the schedule of the day's meetings and during them you come in five minutes later, once the person walks in, and offer them a beverage. You do not come in again unless I ask you to. Understand?"

"Yes, I understand."

"I'll be paying you what was in the ad. If you're great at your job, we'll discuss it then. We can talk vacation only after half a year."

"Right, got it."

"Then off you go."

He's going to be a huge pain in the ass, Stevie sighed when she turned around to leave, while his eyes were fixed on her swaying hips. 

First day at the new job went quite alright for Stevie. People seemed nice enough to her, everyone that passed by her, introduced themselves and spent at least a few minutes getting to know her. It also didn't go unnoticed by her, that several men were most definitely checking her out as she walked by them. She knew she was an attractive woman, but an office affair was the last thing on her mind.

It was just before the end of the day, when Lindsey asked Stevie to come see him. He probably just wanted to evaluate her or something, she was sure of that, but...

"Have dinner with me tonight?"

"Excuse me?"

"I just... I want to get to know you better."

"And do you invite all of your employees to restaurants?"

"No, just the interesting ones."

She couldn't possibly tell him no, could she? She might lose her job just as quickly as she got it if she doesn't oblige her new boss. "Well, okay. I guess... I need to get home to ch-"

"You look fine as you are." Lindsey interrupted. "Be ready in fifteen minutes."

She just nodded and went back to her desk to gather her belongings. Won't others start talking if they see us leaving together?, Stevie wondered as she reached for her bag. And what does he mean, he asks out just the interesting ones? The man doesn't even know me!

Like said, after exactly fifteen minutes, Lindsey met Stevie at her spot and guided her outside and into his car. He shut the passenger's door after she got in and went around the front to take the driver's seat. 

"Any preferences of where you'd like to go?"

"Uh... no, not really. I'm not fancy or anything."