TWO

The next morning was grand. The sun was out and there were clouds. The temperature was a little over warm and the birds were  singing cheerfully. I looked over to the Lotus Flower and it was still  there. No signs of it dying yet. I was glad and I got ready for my first  day of school. Summer break was over for me and I was kind of glad. I  didn't have any friends and I was quite lonely. I put on a sweater and  some shorts and ran outside with my new backpack. 'Today is going to be a  good day' I thought to myself as I jumped over a small stream that  leads to the main road. School was 30 minutes away, and there was no  buses in this town what so ever. I'm already skinny enough, I don't need  to become a stick walking to and from school everyday. I stopped and  lifted up my sweater to see how skinny my stomach was.

Off in the distance, some old hag  yelled at me, "PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK DOWN LITTLE GIRL! NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE  YOUR BODY!" I held my sweater up until they finished their sentence and made a face. I  opened my hands to let go and began to run to school.  I went the long way round so I might be a little late. I thought to myself "what if he is going to be there? Is he still in high school? Or has he graduated already?' I looked at the grass next to the path that I was walking on and the morning dew shimmered in the sunlight. I bent down real quick to touch them and they were cold to the touch. I jumped onto some big rocks and listened to the small streams along the way. I've always thought of the amazing life outside. That I always felt at home when I listen to the stunning sounds of everything that happens outside. The birds, the wind, the water, the rain. They all came from the earth, the amazing life outside consumes me as I don't ever want to be inside. Why was them ever created? The homes and buildings, why did we never stick with forts and tents? They seem more natural for our existence, of that we used to use back then. Living has changed throughout the years, as we've invented more and more things. Our lives now depend on all those things, as we've grown up with them and don't know how to live with out them. Life may have been harder, but it is more natural for anything living to have to have them all.

As I approached my school, The first bell had rung. The school resembled the ones of Japan, and the system is a little different as well. Many stories tall and a greyish color, the smell inside was like a brand new school building. I wasn't sure how to explain it, though.  I ran to the office to get my paper with my home room on it.

"Hello, Sorry I am late. I would Like to receive my Schedule for this school." I said to the Lady at the front.

She handed me the paper with out saying a word, and went back to her own business.

"Thank you I said quickly as I exited the office room. 'B-12'   I read on it as I walked out of the office. On the back was the map to show where all my rooms were, and I walked straight there, as it was on the second floor. The warmth from the sun warms the indoors, and makes it feel nice.

As I ran into my homeroom, immediately as I stepped in, I looked straight at the back row in the classroom. As the first thing I see, was 'him', sitting in the back of my homeroom classroom. Time seemed to slow down and he looked and smiled at me. The world around me became faint and a greyish color, but him. He was a bright and a vibrant color feeling to him. His presence made my life feel so much better. The loneliness I felt went away, and I knew, we were going to be best friends.

The teacher spoke up, to me as I realized that I was just standing there staring at him. The time went back to normal and I went back to reality of the school.

"Why hello there, you are late. Not a very good start for the first day of school, now is it?" The teacher spoke to me.

I felt my cheeks turning red with embarrassment, and replied as I looks towards the floor, "y-yes... I-I am sorry."