THREE

"Thank you for the delicious food mother." I said to her as I finished my dinner.

I ran up to my room and plopped onto my bed. I didn't bother to turn the lights on, but I did close my door. It was dark and silent. My small window was slightly open, and I could hear the crickets chirping. The moon was covered by the white clouds, and I just stared at what I could see of my ceiling. I touched my hair and felt of where he was crying.  I couldn't stop thinking of him and what he was feeling. Class after lunch was Art, and I was obviously late. The art teacher was the same lady as my Homeroom class, and she got a bad first impression on me, today. I looked at Makio, a slight smile was on his face as I knew it was fake. I wondered what was wrong. 'I want to know why he was feeing this way all of a sudden? Was he holding it in all day? Could he no longer fake it? Whas him bringing me to the roof his breaking point as he needed to let it out? Does he already trust me?' All these thoughts were going through the my head as I sort of looked at him faking that slight smile on his face. Looking at him made me feel guilty. I wanted to help him, but I know I can't. I am just a weakling myself. The pain I've felt won't help the pain he feels now. As I was laying there thinking, I slowly fell fast asleep.

All week at school, he never showed up. The worrying I felt, grew. I tried to gather all the homework I could for him, as I asked everyone at school what classes he took. Not many told me his classes, as they were all rude about it. I didn't receive much homework, but what I did get, it was stacked up.

Wednesday, all the family that was here finally went home after a few weeks. I don't even know why they were here. I didn't even talk to them, or even barely saw them, for that matter. Saturday, after I ate breakfast and got ready for the day. I stared at all his homework that was on my desk. "He's going to fail," I said out loud to myself.  I looked at the clock and decided to go out and walk the town.

"Hello Mrs. Jankens I said to a nice old lady who worked at a flower shop.

"Oh why hello there. How are you today? Is your mother feeling well?" She asked me as she was watering some spider lilies.

"Oh yes, I am fine today. My mother is like her normal self!" I said as I thought I made a strange face as I answered what she asked about my mother. 'But why would she ask that?' .

"Oh that is good, I'm glad to hear" she said with a big smile. She turned towards the entrance and said, "please wait inside, if its not a bother to ask."

"Oh, no no, Its fine. I didn't have any plans anyway." I said and walked into the flower shop, following right after the lady. As soon as I walked in, a burst of amazing fragrances from all the plants entered my nose. 'This is amazing' I thought to myself as I slowly spun around, looking at every single thing that was in there. A calming sound of meditating Zen music filled the air. There was also a seating area and a small waterfall in the corner as well. "Why doesn't anyone ever come in here?" I said loudly as I thought the lady could hear me.

"Business is slow, money isn't so big in this area of this country. Plus, this is a small town, it's lowly populated, what do you expect?" She answered from the back of the store.

"Oh, I don't know. Just seeing how wonderful it is in here, I just thought there would be at least a few people." I stared at a group of lotus flowers, as it reminded me of the one I found that day. That wasn't the best day, nor was it good either. Mother was down, and I didn't know what was on her mind. Tears came from her eyes, and threw small things at me in anger. This wasn't the first time, but it was worse. At the end, I felt that she was sorry as she came to great me home. I had to escape that day, until night.