Glossary

Alcubierre Drive: In 1994, physicist Miguel Alcubierre theorized about faster than light travel that did not violate known physics. Einstein's prohibitions on FTL had been directed at mass and energy. Simply put, Einstein's special theory of relativity said that infinite energy would be required to achieve the speed of light.

The Alcubierre Drive sidesteps Einstein's theory without contradicting it. A warp bubble contracting in front and expanding behind makes it possible to slip through space at a top rate of 9 light years per day. No acceleration, time dilation or relative mass increase occurs during this process.

BDBU: Break down, build up nanotechnology that uses CHON raw material to create re-configure decks, cabins and other structures. It cannot change core structure such as the framework and skin of a ship.

Paraspace Phase-Shift Transition: Large structures able to phase-shift from one place to another.

Quantum Coupled Communications: Entanglement communications allowing for long distance, instantaneous communication assisted with quantum repeaters.

Ships:

The Niagara

The Niagara is 245 meters long, 60 meters wide and 70 meters high.

13 decks. 10 passenger decks. Crew deck including bridge, engine room and quarters take up 2 decks and there is a very large cargo deck at the bottom of the ship.

2600 passengers

600 crew

TransForm: A technology that reconfigures decks on ships for different uses, flattens cargo containers, forms furniture.