Chapter 1

Throughout the years, Malaika's character and appearance changed drastically. She did not talk as much as she used to. She became reserved and very observant. Princesses were not her style anymore and she preferred dark, dull colours, which reflected her mood.

She did not have any friends. Mostly acquaintances. During break time and lunch time, she would sit in class and read a book, or she would catch up with some work. Most people would think sitting in class and reading a book is what an ideal student should be doing, but for Malaika, it was not. She overworked herself. Her lack of friends caused her to become more and more associated with doing school work. Therefore it became an obsession. Volleyball and school were the only things that kept her going. Because of this, she developed social anxiety.

Even though she was intelligent, her social anxiety caused her to be too shy to even contribute in class. When she didn't understand something, she would not ask for help because she was worried about the judgement that would come with it.

Malaika loved the coffee shop that was just a ten minute walk from her house. She had regular caffeine cravings, and that's how she met Amir. She was bored with the same old cappuccino and Amir was the waiter on duty that day.

"I really do not know what to order. Any suggestions?" She asked.
"How about a frozen mocha coffee? It's my personal favourite." He replied with a genuinely handsome smile.
"I'll have that with a bran muffin please."
"Sure, is it a take away or are you sitting?"
"Take away please."

Whilst Amir went to get Malaika's order ready, she went to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror, and stared at herself. Looking closely at her features, and wondering why her face was so unpleasant- even though she looked like an angel- to herself and everyone around her. She washed her face with cold water to try and dismiss the negative thoughts running through her mind. As she returned back to her seat, she locked eyes with Amir and instantly, she became self conscious and hurried back to her seat. After about a two minute wait, Amir returned with her order.

"Here you go. Have an awesome day."
"Thanks. Same to you."

Malaika got home and began to drink her coffee. She realised a note on the serviette which caught her attention.
There was a phone number and a message.
'Hey! Message me!
P.S you have amazing eyes.
Amir (The weird waiter guy).'

Malaika was amazed by how someone like Amir would want to talk to her. She saved his contact but she could not get herself to message him. Even if it was not face to face she was too shy and worried. Worried that she would have to pretend to be someone who she isn't just to please him. She hated the fact that her personality did not match the personalities everyone else preferred.

A/N- Hey :) Thanks for reading this chapter♡♡

Don't be a ghost reader. Like, share and comment :)
And, yes I updated and deleted some stuff and added new stuff :D
Sorry not sorry :)
xx