Prologue: Leave Your Lover Part 1

Louis released a deep breath as he entered the large lecture room, his hand wrapping around the strap of his backpack tighter while he managed to shuffle his feet forward and find his name card on the table, telling him where he would be sitting.

Louis Tomlinson: Row E seat 36

It seemed simple enough. So Louis made his way towards the stairs in the middle of the room, taking one step at a time before he found the row he was looking for on the left side of the stairs.

Thankfully there was no one in the row so far, so Louis didn't have to shuffle past anyone on his way to his seat. And as soon as he sat down did he feel his nerves pick up a bit.

This class was important, no, it was more than important if he wanted his degree, so Louis was determined to make sure nothing would get in his way of passing this class with flying colors.

He reached into his backpack, pulling out all of his pens, just in case he needed a new one quickly and laid them out on the table before reaching for his notebooks. He made sure he had everything on his desk before he began his organizing process.

Louis had his tongue sticking out between his lips, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he straightened one of his five pens out on the desk. Only once his pens were lined up perfectly did he turn his attention to his notebooks, making sure one was neatly on top of the other. But of course as he did that one of his pens moved from it's place.

He was nervous to say the least and even if he had to check, double check and then triple check to make sure he had everything, and everything was in it's place it was more than worth it for this class.

"You don't happen to have four extra pens, do you?"

Louis jumped at the sudden voice, but not before opening his mouth, looking up and immediately closing it as he saw a bright pair of green eyes looking down at him with an amused smile. "U-uhm I do actually, I have a bunch-..." he said, quickly pointing to his line of pens on his desk, but that was before he heard the guy laughing as he shook his head at him. "And you're making fun of me..." Louis said through an airy laugh as he looked down at his folded hands in his lap.

"No, I'm just impressed," he said through a small smile, taking a seat next to Louis. "You're making me feel really inadequate," he held up his one pen and then pointed to his single notebook on the desk.

Louis couldn't help but bite his lip to keep back a quiet laugh as he realized how ridiculous he looked. "I swear normally I'm not like this, this class is just really important," he muttered out quickly. "I'm actually the world's most disorganized person ever. Trust me, by this time next week my notebooks will be tattered and my pens will be no where to be found."

The boy just looked at him for a moment, dimples popping out as he smiled and shook his head. "Who ever would've thought that a creative writing class could be important," he said through a small laugh.

"Well when you're on the path to becoming a drama teacher it's kind of necessary," Louis breathed out, still a bit more than stressed as he thought back to how this class could ruin him. "Are you a drama or liberal arts major too?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows, not ever seeing this boy in any of his other classes.

"No, no," the boy shook his head as he laughed to himself. "I'm actually a musician," he said through a small smile.

Louis hummed, definitely able to see this guy as a musician. He had that laid back, couldn't care less look. His curls pushed up and off his head, a loose plaid shirt, skin tight black jeans and boots. His eyes were bright and dimples impossible to miss when he smiled, and it almost made Louis jealous that he could look so good in such simple things.