Chapter 21

"Papa?"

Harry picked his head up, a smile immediately coming to him as he saw Holden's little head pop in. "Hey, buddy, what's up?"

"Nothing," Holden breathed out as he shrugged and walked into the room, taking a seat in front of his father's desk. "Just miss you."

Harry's smile faltered for a second, biting his lip and nodding at the 5 year old. "I miss you too big guy," he said softly. "I know I've been working a lot, I'm sorry."

And all Holden did was shrug again, knowing his papa was trying his hardest to finish his work quickly. "Well I can help papa, I'm a real good singer and I'm learning how to write some."

"Oh yeah?" Harry laughed quietly, looking back down to his paper and picking his pen up. "I know you're a good singer buddy, probably better than me."

"No way," Holden scoffed, hopping off his chair and walking towards his papa, moving his arm so he could climb in his lap.

Harry raised his eyebrows at the 5 year old as he made himself comfortable on his lap, but couldn't help himself as he rolled his eyes fondly and kissed his son's head. "How're the twins? They napping?"

"Yeah and daddy is running in the gym so I'm bored," Holden groaned, resting against his father's chest.

"Well buddy, why don't you help papa with some lyrics?"

Holden sat right up as his papa passed him some paper and a pen and immediately went to work. And as Harry looked over his son's shoulder it took everything in him to not let out a loud laugh. All the 5 year old was doing was scribbling his name everywhere and all the words Harry figures he's been learning at school. Just cat, hat and all those other easy three lettered words.

All he did was kiss his son's head before getting back to writing, finally feeling like this album was going somewhere. He has about five songs he found in his journals and was thankfully able to record them, and Harry has to say that he is pleasantly surprised with how they've all turned out. But now he was working on writing a new song, this one being all about his little girl.

"Papa these all the words I know," Holden said, biting his lip as he realized it wasn't all that much.

"It's a great start buddy," Harry smiled at him, rubbing his back reassuringly. "When I'm done with this I'll go through it with you and I'm sure we can come up with something."

Holden nodded, earning yet another kiss from his papa before he watched his father get right back to work. He just watched him write, loving his handwriting and wishing he could read what he was putting on the paper. But Holden was sure if he asked his papa he would sing it for him.

"Alright, big guy what do you want to do?" Harry asked once he was done writing.

"Sing!"

Harry laughed, figuring the 5 year old would want to do something like that. "Okay buddy, come over here and we'll sing."

Holden skipped off to his papa's recording booth, grabbing his stool that his father keeps in there for him and placing it right in front of the microphone. "Papa I want I'm gonna find another you," he said, already placing headphones over his ears.

Harry rolled his eyes fondly as he scanned over his guitars, figuring out which one to use. Of course, he knew that Holden would make himself comfortable, him loving whenever they had time to sing or play instruments together, the 5 year old was never shy about what he wanted to do.