Chapter 22

Harry smiled for the camera as he had has arms wrapped around two fans, making sure to give them both big hugs before saying his goodbyes and thanking them for coming.

That was the last of the fans for the meet and greet, and now it was just time to wait. And he knew the waiting, the anticipation will start to slowly kill him but it had to be done. At least Harry could try to distract himself with the twins and Holden as they played in the playpen together.

"What're my monsters getting up to in here?" he asked, climbing over the gate and scooping Riley up, making the baby squeal and giggle.

"Papa are you done now?"

"Yeah, those were the last fans until the concert starts," Harry said, making faces at Riley, only for the 7 month old to jump in her papa's arms and reach for his nose. "What'd you think buddy, they were all nice huh?"

Holden hummed as he passed his brother his favorite stuffed animal, Bennett immediately putting it in his mouth. "Your fans come over here and they say how cute the twins are and they try to get a picture with me too."

"Oh yeah?" Harry laughed, glancing over at Paul who was supposed to be watching them and seeing the older man trying to hide his own chuckle as he nodded.

"Yeah cause I just as famous as you," Holden said as if his father should know this. "I gonna be just like you when I big and they want pictures of me when I little."

Harry rolled his eyes fondly, but just as he was about to say something he saw Louis come into the dressing room. "Buddy I'm gonna talk to daddy for a second, okay?"

Holden muttered an "okay", more focused on his baby brother anyway.

Harry shifted Riley on his chest as he made his way towards the older lad, but as soon as Louis saw him coming over to him he shook his head. "Louis nothing is going on, I swear," he said, his boyfriend getting more and more annoyed with him as the night wore on.

"Seriously? So that's why absolutely no one will tell me what the hell is going on? I went around asking every single person who is backstage and working, and none of them have let me use their phone so I can find mine. And you're trying to tell me nothing is going on?"

"Yes," Harry said almost firmly. "Just know that I didn't do anything wrong, if anything it's good, more than good. And if you give me until the end of the night I'll show you," he said much softer, taking a careful step towards the older lad.

Louis just looked at him for a moment, could see that he wasn't lying, saw that he really didn't do anything wrong. But he just wanted to know what everyone was hiding, why they were all being so careful and secretive around him.

"Fine," he muttered. "But Harry I swear to God if you're lying to me-"

"I'm not," Harry said, wrapping his free arm around Louis and pulling him into his chest. "Trust me love, everything is going to be more than okay, you'll see."

Louis let out a quiet breath but wrapped his arms around the younger lad's middle and nodded anyways. Harry loved him, he knew that, and Louis was sure whatever it was that was going on wasn't as big of a deal as he was making it.

"I love you Louis," Harry whispered into his boyfriend's hair and kissing his temple. "It's all going to be more than alright."

And again Louis just nodded, muttering his "I love you's" into Harry's chest and standing on his toes to peck his cheek.

"We're gonna have a great night, yeah?" Harry smiled down at him. "I'm so excited for you to be up there with me, it's gonna be amazing."

Louis couldn't help the nervous laugh that escaped him as he scratched the back of his neck and hummed. To say he was mildly terrified of performing some of Harry's songs with him in front of thousands of people would be a slight understatement.