Chapter 16

"Daddy are we here to see uncle Liam?" Holden asked, looking around the hospital and kicking his legs back and forth, trying to entertain himself.

"We are," Louis said, smiling down at the 4 year old and running his fingers through the back of his hair. "Uncle Liam is just gonna give me a little test and then we can head back home and go for our walk."

Holden hummed happily, but as soon as he saw his uncle coming down the hall he jumped right of his chair and ran towards him.

"Hey buddy," Liam said, scooping Holden up and giving him a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "Lou you can come back now," he said, offering the older lad a soft grin.

Louis let out a deep breath as he nodded and pushed himself out of his chair, following Liam through the hospital halls as Holden talked the younger lad's ear off. Being here Louis was excited to stay the least, he was going to find out if he and Harry were going to have a baby for God's sake. There was no denying he was nervous, but excited nonetheless.

"How've you been feeling mate?" Liam asked quietly as he bit his lip.

Louis let out a small laugh as he shook his head and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I thought it was the travelling... I seriously thought it was because of all of the plane rides and time differences and... And I told him not to worry."

Liam looked over at the older lad confused as he opened an exam room for him and placed Holden down. "You didn't think there was anything to be worried about, it's okay."

"No, it's not okay," Louis said quietly as he took a seat on the exam table.

"Well you wanted to keep him calm and have a good time on your trip," Liam said, not wanting the older lad to freak out over this. "When you tell him the news I'm sure he'll understand, and be more than happy and relieved something isn't really wrong."

Louis bit his lip and nodded as he looked to his hands folded in his lap. "I don't even know how I'm gonna tell him," he said, a small smile creeping onto his lips. "I mean he's somewhere in South America right now, I can't just call him, can I? Should we videochat or should I do something really special for him? Like a surprise? Or maybe I could-"

"Daddy are you sick?"

"He's not sick big guy, we're just gonna do a quick test to clear up a few questions," Liam said, getting everything he needed together.

Holden looked over to his father to make sure his uncle was telling the truth, and when his daddy smiled at him he knew he really was okay. "Well be careful uncle Liam, daddy don't like needles."

"I'll be fine H," Louis said, rolling his eyes fondly as Liam situated himself in front of him and reached for his arm. "How long will this whole draining important fluid out of my body take?"

"Just a minute or two, relax," Liam said through a chuckle as he made sure everything was situated before patting the older lad's leg. "You excited?" he asked, offering his best mate a small smile.

Louis tried to hold back his smile as he shrugged slightly and felt his cheeks heating up. "Is it wrong of me to yes?" he asked sheepishly. "I mean this is crazy right...?"

"If you're happy then it's a good kinda crazy," Liam said, sending a wink towards Louis. "Make sure you get enough bedrooms when looking for your new house," he muttered teasingly.

"Uncle Liam are you gonna move with us?!" Holden asked excitedly.

"No buddy," Liam laughed. "But you might have a different little house guest," he said under his breath.

"Liam," Louis warned, not wanting to tell Holden anything until he knew for sure.

Liam put his hands up in defeat, holding back his laughter as he got the blood sample from Louis and put a bandaid on him. "I'll be back in a few minutes with some news," he said, giving his best mate's shoulder a gentle squeeze before heading out of the room.