Chapter 18

"Lou I can't see the screen, move it more to the right."

Louis rolled his eyes fondly as he switched the camera facing him on his phone to the front camera so Harry could see the ultrasound screen. "There you go love," he said softly. "You see how big the baby got?"

Harry let out a shaky breath as he nodded to himself and tried to hold back his widening smile. "That's our baby Lou..." he barely managed out.

"Yeah love, that's our baby," Louis said through his own grin.

Harry was almost scared that if he kept smiling the way he was his face would split. It wasn't even a week ago that Louis and Holden were with him in LA, where he saw the older lad and his growing belly. But now, actually seeing the baby again was amazing to him. How much the baby has grown from when he first saw him or her at just 2 months old, and then now at 4 and a half months old.

"When do we find out of it's a boy or girl?"

"No, no, not until you're home, I want you here," Louis said, turning the camera back on him.

Harry bit his lip but nodded anyway, the waiting to find out if they were having a boy or girl has been killing him, but he wanted to be home too when they find out. He'd be home in just three weeks though, he could last that long.

"Everything is looking great here," Heather said happily, moving the wand over Louis' stomach. "And if you boys want I can write what you two will be having in a card and when Harry comes home you can open it together."

"Please," Harry said without hesitance.

Louis laughed to himself and nodded at Heather, nearly jumping on the examination table from how excited he was. Just three more weeks and he and Harry would know, could start thinking about names or even go shopping for their little boy or girl.

"Louis if you open it without me I swear to God-"

"H I won't, I promise," Louis stopped him, knowing he would have to give the envelope to Zayn or Liam just so he won't torture himself.

Harry hummed, eyeing his boyfriend for a second as he pursed his lips. Louis was going to have to do everything in his power not to peek at the envelope, he only hoped the older lad would keep his promise.

Louis thanked Heather as she passed him the envelope and began to wipe off his stomach.

"So I will see you in another two months alright? Remember to take your vitamins and if you're tired rest. Don't be your stubborn little self, sit down every now and then," Heather said, eyeing Louis playfully and earning a sheepish laugh from him.

"Don't worry doc, I got'em," Harry said, smiling at the older lad. "Three more weeks love."

"Three more weeks," Louis breathed out.

He knew they could do that. Three weeks was nothing compared to what they've been through these past couple months. This past week alone in LA did them more than some good. Just at looking at Harry through the screen Louis could see how much better he was doing. But after he said goodbye to Heather and was headed towards his car did he actually ask the younger lad.

"How're you doing love? Feeling okay?"

"M'good," Harry said happily, watching his boyfriend get into his car. "I have a show tonight and then right after I'm hopping on a plane."

"Well make sure you get some rest then," Louis said softly.

"Of course," Harry rolled his eyes playfully. "What about you? How is everything back home?"