Chapter 9

"Holden!!" Louis yelled up the stairs, hearing the little patter of feet running towards him a second later.

"Daddy!" Holden screamed back, jumping in his father's arms and smiling widely at him. "Harry here?" he asked, looking towards the door.

"No buddy, but that's actually why I called you down here," Louis said as he bit his lip and shifted his son on his hip. "Harry is at the studio tonight and he doesn't know if he'll make it in time for dinner."

"Oh..." Holden said through a small pout. "Well I still call later and say night night."

Louis kissed the 3 year old's head as he carried him into the kitchen and checked on his cooking soup. "Well I actually thought it would be fun if we could visit Harry at the studio and bring him dinner. What do you think?"

"Yes!!" Holden said excitedly, jumping in his daddy's arms. "Harry say studio have lots and lots of buttons!"

"Oh trust me there are lots and lots of buttons," Louis said through a quiet laugh.

"Well I gon press them all," Holden said as he giggled to himself and his daddy put him down. "Harry say okay we surprise him?"

"I'm sure he'll be more than fine with it buddy," Louis said, Harry sounding terrible over the phone and the younger lad wouldn't stop saying how sorry he was or how much he would miss the two of them. "Once I have the soup and bread all packed up we can head over there, okay?"

"Okay!" Holden said happily, watching as his daddy put the soup into a container. "Harry be happy we go and I happy we go!"

Louis smiled down at the toddler before ladling the rest of the soup into the container and making sure he had bowls, spoons, and plenty of bread and butter. "Alright buddy get your winter coat, hat and gloves on please."

Holden scurried off to the foyer, pulling on all of his winter gear as his daddy carried everything towards the door. "Daddy where my boots?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows, looking all over the floor.

"Oh, Harry got you some new ones, they're in the closet," Louis said, placing the food down quickly so he could get his own coat, scarf and hat on.

He didn't even know when Harry decided to get Holden new boots, he just showed up with them. Granted Louis was meaning to get him a new pair because his old ones were a bit worn down and tattered, but he would have had to dig into his Christmas shopping money. If he was being honest he was a bit grateful Harry got them and saved him the small burden.

"Alright big guy, we ready to go?" Louis asked once he had all of his winter gear on and carefully picked up all of the food.

"Yes!!" Holden said excitedly, already pulling the door open and letting the December cold in.

Louis rolled his eyes playfully as Holden ran to the car and was already trying to get in his seat. He carefully balanced everything in his arms as he locked the door behind him and made his way to the car, putting the food in the passenger seat and then helping Holden buckle up.

"Daddy I want a space car like Harry," Holden said once they were on the road and looked around his father's car.

"Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen buddy," Louis said through a small laugh as he kept his eyes on the dark street.

He heard his son let out a small breath but didn't say anything else on the matter, so Louis thought that maybe while they were kind of on the subject of Harry they could talk about him a little bit.

"H I wanted to talk to you about something," he said quietly, glancing in the rear view mirror quickly.

"Okay daddy," Holden said, kicking his little legs in his seat and watching the buildings pass by.