Chapter 19

"Papa I want this!!"

Harry was startled as felt a hard tug on his arm, letting out a deep breath as Holden had picked up yet another toy. "Buddy no, we said you can only get one thing and you picked out the hat, remember?"

"But papa," Holden whined, pulling on his father's hand harder.

"H," Harry warned, giving the 4 year old a stern look before shaking his head. "Do you not want to get anything at all?"

Holden let out a loud groan as he not so nicely put the toy back on the shelf and crossed his arms over his chest. He saw his papa's eyes still on him, giving him that "don't even think about throwing a tantrum" look before he grabbed his hand and began to walk off to find his daddy.

"Papa I was real good all day and you and daddy only shop for babies but I want something too," Holden grumbled.

"Buddy you do have something, the hat," Harry reminded him. "If you keep acting like this though you won't be getting anything, relax."

Even still though the 4 year old stomped his little feet and continued complaining, and Harry got it, he really did understand. They've been shopping for the twins all day and by now Holden must be exhausted. And not only that but Louis has been a hormonal mess since he got up this morning and that was probably confusing Holden as one second his daddy was happy and the next he was annoyed or crying over how delicious his lunch was. But Harry was holding everything in him to not blow up. Louis he understood, he wasn't mad or frustrated with him all, more so his son who wouldn't stop whining and begging for every toy, shirt or pair of shoes he saw in every store.

"Alright, that's it," Harry said, rubbing a frustrated hand over his face. "We're not getting the hat. I told you nearly three times to stop whining and you haven't," he said, placing the hat on some shelf before walking away.

"What?" Holden froze, tugging his hand out of his papa's and looking to the hat his father put up too high for him to reach. "But papa!!"

"No buts," Harry breathed out, looking over the racks of clothes for Louis. But of course he should've expected Holden to let out a loud cry not even a second later.

"I-I want it!!" Holden cried, pointing to the hat and stomping his feet.

And all Harry did was let out a deep breath, turn around, scoop up his son and continue walking. He was at least grateful this wasn't one of Holden's bad tantrums with kicking and punching and ear shattering sobs. Instead the 4 year just hid his face in his papa's neck and cried, hiccuping more and more as his father carried him further away from the hat.

"Lou!" Harry called out, now just wanting to leave, not even caring if they got anything from this store. "Louis!"

"Over here."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he heard his muffled boyfriend, almost sounding like he was choked up. He hurried through the racks of baby clothes, scanning the area for the older lad before he found him hunched over on some bench and looking at a tiny baby boy's outfit.

"Love, you alright?" Harry asked softly, putting Holden down and kneeling in front of Louis.

Louis sniffled to himself as he wiped his wet eyes and picked up his head to look at his boyfriend. "L-look at this... It's just so cute," he said, only for more tears to fall as he scanned over the tiny outfit again.

Harry let out an airy laugh as he nodded and rubbed the older lad's back. "You're right, it is really cute," he said, taking the outfit from him. "And you know what's great? We can even buy it and you can look at it all the time."