Prologue: Leave Your Lover Part 2

Louis had his elbows resting on his knees and face hidden in his hands as he sat on Harry's couch. His thoughts were racing and have been since they left Matt's, but there was one thing that kept popping into his mind.

"Lou..." Harry said softly, taking a seat next to the older lad. "You alright?" he asked, offering him a cup of tea.

Louis slowly took his hands away from his face, his eyes never leaving the ground as he reached for the mug. "M'fine."

Harry bit his lip, knowing for a fact that he wasn't. "You can talk to me Lou, it's okay," he said quietly.

The older lad just stared at the tea in his hands, not sure if he could explain to Harry what he was thinking. "So much happened today, and it's just a lot to process."

Harry nodded as he let out a quiet breath and brought his hand up to rub the older lad's back. "Are you okay though?"

"I think so, yeah," Louis said, finally looking up and offering the green eyed lad a small smile. He was still in denial a bit that he was sitting here with Harry, everything out on the table. "The only thing really bothering me is what Matt called me..." he said, biting his lip. "That just hurt... We were dating for almost a year, I didn't think he'd so easily be able to say something like that."

Harry couldn't even imagine what that would feel like. Dating someone for a year, thinking that you loved them and they loved you with everything they had, only for it to crumble apart right in front of you.

"I'm so sorry Lou," he said guiltily, this being his entire fault.

"Don't be," Louis said as he shook his head. "He was a jerk, and I'm here with you now," he said, trying to bite back his grin as he looked at the younger lad.

Harry had to fight his own smile as he looked at Louis, but he knew his dimples were showing and a blush made it's way to his cheeks, himself unable to believe that he had this incredible man with him.

"I still can't believe he threatened you," Louis breathed out before he took a sip of his tea. "I mean to basically try to end your career before it even started..." he trailed off, unable to grip the fact that Matt had stooped to that point without even knowing Harry a day.

"I don't care about that anymore," Harry shook his head as he stopped rubbing Louis' back and instead wrapped his arm around his waist. "He can ruin whatever he wants, as long as I get you in the end."

"Oh no," Louis groaned through a smile as he rested his forehead on Harry's shoulder. "You're one of those super sappy guys," he said as he laughed to himself.

"Louis I literally wrote you like an albums worth of songs..." Harry said through his own chuckle as he pulled the older lad impossibly closer to his side.

Louis bit his lip, trying not to smile and ignore the way his stomach twisted into knots. "I knew those were for me," he said before putting his tea on the coffee table and tucking himself back into Harry's side.

It was something new for Louis to be able to comfortably sit with the younger lad like this, to cuddle with him and not feel a pinch of guilt. When he was with Matt and he and Harry would be in this exact position there was always a voice in the back of Louis' head telling him this wasn't right. But now Louis didn't think he'd ever get used to the feeling of being in Harry's arms, wrapped in his warmth and feeling so secure that no matter what happened he'd be protected.

"Which song was your favorite?" Harry asked, looking down at the blue eyed lad with a gentle smile.

"The one from tonight," Louis said quietly as he tucked his head into Harry's neck.