15.

first things first, I would just like to thank you guys for getting this book to 3k reads like holy maloley !!! and also I am starting a new story and it will be published soon so get ready for it. :) ok enjoy

***

I pulled into her driveway hoping she was home, and willing to forgive me.

I knocked.

Her mother came to the door, "Oh hi Jack!"

"Hi Mrs. Forbes! Is uh Lydia home?"

"Oh you just missed her. She went our with Tyler. I don't know if you met him yet, but he's a sweet boy."

She obviously didn't realize she was showing favouritism of him.

"I mean they're just friends, going to a friendly lunch.", she corrected herself.

I give a fake smile, "Ok thanks."

I walked off as she closed the door, a hint worry on her face.

Why is she going out with him? I thought she said she didn't like him. Maybe she was getting back at me? I didn't know and that made me frustrated.

I got in my car hitting the steering wheel. I'm most likely over thinking the situation, but I couldn't help but to think the worst.

I got back out the car and decided to go for a walk to clear my head some.

***

Lydia's Pov

Tyler took me to this little boutique not far from my house. It was cute, and he knew I would love it.

We sat at the table reading the menu.

"This place is so cute Tyler!", I spoke looking around from my seat.

"I knew you would like it!" He gave a half smile.

"This honestly brings up so many memories, from when we were together.", he added quickly.

I kinda almost choked on my drink mid sip. I played it off my just nodding. 

"Ya know, I miss us, how we used to be. "

"Yeah but I have a boyfriend, Tyler.", I spoke quickly.

His head dropped in remembrance. "Jack right? The cousin."

"I don't know why he told you he was my cousin.", I looked down slightly chuckling.

"I don't know why either. But I do know I still have feelings for you. And even though you don't feel the same way..I just...wanted you to know. Not to make things awkward between us."

"It won't because I'm actually still trying to see if I have feelings for you. I- um ever since I say you at the beach something sparked up. And Jack and I had a fight about it and he told me your intentions and that just made me think more like, do I have feelings for you?"

He smiled at my explanation.

"I think I can help with that.", he smirked.

Before I knew it, his lips pressed to mine. You know how they say if a kiss has sparks that could be attracted to that person or something?? I don't but the sparks just weren't there like they used to be. They didn't compare to what Jack and I had.

I pulled away.

"Tyler, I-"

"I'm sorry. I just thought that would help. Did it?"

"Yeah it did. And it made me realize I'm still into Jack. I was never over him. But what we had is in the past I'm sorry...", I look down.

"I get it. I can't come back expecting things to be the same.", he chuckled to himself.

"I have to go talk to him but can we still be friends ?", I questioned.

I knew no guy wanted to hear the words let's just be friends. But I truly didn't want to lose our friendship over this.

He nods, "Go ahead! and in my book, we never stopped being friends."

I smiled as I kissed his cheek, before walking out.

I step outside looking through my purse to find my phone so I could call Jack. But to my surprise he was standing outside the window of the restaurant.

By his emotionless expression, I'm guessing he saw the kiss.