words

warning: lol this whole chapter was a mess, I didn't understand reclamation 😭 just ignore half the ignorant stuff

gay

- I wonder whether people will ever realise that this is not an insult. You cannot use this word to degrade someone, you cannot use this word to suggest that a boy is less masculine than you think he should be.

Gayness is a sexuality and not an insult, boo, your uneducated self needs to understand that okay?

slut

- I don't get the use of this word. Whether a girl has had sex with five people or not, there is no reason to call her a slut. If somebody likes sex a hella lot then good for them. Keep in mind that even if a guy has a lot of sexual partners, that probably wouldn't change anything so...

Why would girls even make up words to insult each other I mean???

If someone actually did like sex too much that would be compulsive sexual behaviour, this a state in which the person actually cannot control their sexual needs to the point where they could be eating an apple and randomly get aroused. Don't call a girl a slut for having sex a lot or not.

nigga

(edit: I now understand this is considered as reclamation and it's perfectly okay for other black people to use this word but no one else)

Am I the only person who really doesn't get the use of this word? Can somebody please explain why in the 21st century we are still using this word and defending the use of this word by saying 'white people cant use the word but black people can and other minorities are also exempted and allowed to use this word'.

See, this word used to be nigger.

nigger
nigga

I don't get, I'm sorry but like damn if those slaves who were degraded and called 'niggers' to make them feel bad about their colour were here now and knew that the word is still the same but y'all changed a few letters and made it slang, would they seriously agree to this?

I'm sorry I just don't understand. no race should use the word, it's offensive. correct me if I'm wrong ofc and give me legit reasons as to why that is an okay word.

black

You cannot make me feel bad about the colour of my skin. You cannot insult me for it. You can't insult a person because they aren't light skinned and because being a dark skinned African isn't what people apparently look at as 'desirable'.

Sweetie, you're still black though...
light skinned or dark skinned
you're still black though.

faggot

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS WORD. please just stop stop stop. And also don't use the word then say, "I'm part of the LGBTQ community and I don't find it offensive". Boo, you're not the only person on the world and the fact that you don't mind it doesn't change anything for the boy who has been called a faggot for years all because he likes boys. despite whatever you may say, the word faggot is all negative. links to just being a plain old insult like calling someone disgusting and now is being used on the LGBTQ which sort of stating that they are disgusting for being who they are.

so don't use the word.

retard

Don't call a person a retard, this is wrong on so many levels. Firstly, a retard is a mentally handicapped person so don't use it as an insult for someone. It's offensive.

in conclusion there are so so so so so many words that shouldn't be used so don't use them like seriously don't.

have a nice weekend!

- zara