france + islamophobia

WARNING: THIS IS VERY OPINIONATED SO I REALLY DON'T CARE WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH ME OR NOT :)))

• France is a secular country

• You are not allowed to wear the Holy Cross to school.

• Head scarves are banned in schools.

• Full veils are banned in public.

• The country has been targeted by extremist groups recently.

Okay so in some towns they've banned wearing burkinis. This has gotten to the extent of a Muslim woman being at the beach with her children and police force her to take of her clothes and crowds at the beach are cheering at her being humiliated by the police. Her children were crying.

Burkinis are not a security issue, they are not oppressive, it is a choice by Muslim women.

We have seen so many decades pass us by where many many Muslim women refused to swim in public because it is their belief not to wear revealing swimsuits and then finally we have the burkini where Muslim women can actually feel comfortable swimming in public. Yet French towns want to take that away that choice from them all over again??

HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE IM SO

Muslims in France are told that they are meant to integrate and blend in with the rest of the country but apparently they can't do that if they have a religion or prefer to wear a a different set of clothes.

I mean, like nearly everyone else on this planet, I'm disgusted by the recent attacks but that doesn't give them a right to be islamophobic??? Besides the country has hated Muslims way before any of these attacks even begun.

Then people actually wonder why so many young French Muslims are betraying their country and becoming extremist jihadists.

MAYBE BECAUSE THESE CHILDREN GROW UP THINKING THAT THEY DON'T BELONG IN THE FRENCH COMMUNITY.

Then they become frustrated to the point that they would choose any option that seemed better than living in an islamophobic country where they aren't protected.

Idk the amounts of islamophobia there just make me cry for the Muslims who live there.