pray for syria

Okay, right now I am honestly tired and have very little time to construct a proper chapter but I just want to remind everyone to keep Syria in their thoughts, especially Aleppo. The situation in Syria is an abuse of many basic human rights but it hasn't caused the uproar that it should've yet.

Where are those #AllLivesMatter activists when you need them? They can argue so passionately in order to denounce #BlackLivesMatter but if they say that all lives matter and we should stop focusing on black lives then where are they when Syrian women, men and children are being slaughtered?

I also just think it's funny how the whole world stood up for Paris (another tragic situation that I'm not trying to downplay) but when it's Syrians being killed, everywhere is suddenly quiet and despite it being on nearly every news channel, there's less action being taken and less support.

The world is honestly so capitalist, we only care about the most powerful first world countries and it's so horrible. I understand why because that's how capitalism works and everything but still, compassion would be great.

I mean, I just find it unfair to not help Syria because you assume that because their dominant religion is Islam then they must all be "terrorists"; or because you feel that they've brought it upon themselves since your opinion is that Islam isn't peaceful; or because the world has become so selfish that they would rather turn away than help because they're scared of offending anyone despite the fact that people are being killed.

So yes, there are many ways that you could help and that includes raising awareness (this should be in people's daily discussions because it is so destructive to keep quiet about issues that deeply affect others).

Also, you could always donate money to trustworthy charities that are dedicated to helping Syrians.

Another way to help would be by campaigning by the UN headquarters (I know some people are doing that) to urge them to get help quicker.

Okay thanks and have a lovely weekend, fam!

— a v tired teenage girl 💕