Chapter 5

"She's quite the spit fire, this one. She really did try to kill you." Isaac said as Emile placed the girl gently on his bed. He looked back at his old friend, A snide smile on his lips.

"I find her utterly fascinating. I've never had a woman try to kill me before. It's rather refreshing, actually."

"How hard did the girl hit you?"

Emile laughed, walking toward Isaac. "Not hard enough apparently."

"Be careful around the wench, Emile. Don't let her pretty face fool you."

"Aren't I always careful?"

"I'm not sure how to answer that question, boy."

Jewel groaned as she began to stir, her eyes fluttered open and she moved to sit up.

Emile nodded at Isaac, signaling for him to go. He gently closed the door behind him, leaning against it with his arms crossed as he watched the woman on his bed sit up.

Her eyes widened and she jumped up, fear on her pale face.

"What's the matter, angel?" He purred at her.

She shivered before turning to the man named Emile. Her eyes wide as she stared at him in disbelief. "You...you...I killed you...I...I," she covered her mouth with her hands and took a step back.

He shook his head, "No, unfortunately, you didn't hit me hard enough to kill me. To render me unconscious, yes."

At his words color returned to her cheeks and she heaved at sigh of relief, she hadn't murdered anyone. That thought lifted her spirits but only for a moment, as she realized that he was moving toward her. She tucked herself against the wall, trapped as he caged her into his arms.

He ran a hand down her cheek, she flinched slightly, expecting him to hit her. "You needn't worry, mon ange. I'm angry with you but I don't hit women." He said as he played with a piece of her hair in his hands. She stared up at him. Rage and fear mixing together in her gaze.

"Did you enjoy my touch?" He whispered against her cheek. She averted her eyes, turning her face away from his closeness.

"No," she snapped, "Not one bit. In fact, I think you're rather weak in technique."

His hands stilled in her hair, her words making an unknown emotion bubble in the pit of his stomach. He grabbed her neck lightly, forcing her to look up at him. "You can't honestly say my kisses did not make you feel a specific tingle between your legs. You can't honestly tell me my hand trailing down your bare skin did not make you gasp with pleasure."

His lips were so close to touching her, her breath caught and she started to struggle but his grip on her neck tightened and she froze, wrapping her hands around his wrist. "You wish..."

He raised a brow, "You tried to kill me, should I be angrier?"

Though he said that he was already releasing his grip on her, kissing her cheek and moving down to her neck. She gasped before pushing at his shoulder. "You still haven't told me if you intend to keep your word!"

He caught her wrist in his hands, stopping her from slapping at him.

She glared at him, "You're a beast! A barbarian! A beastly, barbaric pirate!" She was sputtering nonsense but she couldn't help it, her anger was getting the best of her.

He pulled her hair, catching her by surprise, her mouth falling open to gasp. He planted his lips on top of hers and devoured her sweet plump lips. She squeezed her eyes shut, squirming uncontrollably in his embrace. "I hate you!" She shouted as she finally managed to get a breath in.