Chapter 8

A loud bang pulled Jewel from her slumber, she shot up in bed, her chest heaving. Tendrils of her hair cascading over her forehead. Her eyes met Emile's and she couldn't help the blush that spread across her cheeks.

He had shaved. She had thought him handsome before but now it was as if he were a figment of her imagination. His skin looked smooth, soft. His tanned skin seemed to brighten his hazel eye. He was quite simply an Adonis! A male temptation!

He walked toward the bed, unclasping his trousers as he did so. Her heart beat quickened.

As he climbed onto the bed, she scooted back avoiding his grasp. "Wait!" She barked, her mind racing as she tried to think of something...anything to stall.

"Enough with your complaints mon ange, I have given you much leeway."

She scoffed, "Leeway? How?"

"I am a pirate! Out here the beard makes the man. I shaved in front of my crew! All so as not to bruise your skin again."

He grabbed her by the ankle and pulled her toward him, she shrieked as she landed on her back. "I only want to give you pleasure."

Before she could protest his words he kissed her. She gasped at the sensation of his soft kiss pressing against her face. For a moment she was lost, letting him kiss her.

And then she realized what she was doing, turning away from his lips and sucking a deep breath of air. "I hate you!" She snapped. "You think you're so bloody clever!"

He growled deep within his throat. "Me? Who is the one using tricks here, mon ange? Are you sure you truly hate me even now?"

She looked up at him, a snide comment on her tongue, "Have you lost your mind? Have you not abducted me? Have you not taken my virginity? Who will marry me now that my virtue is gone? I know that I hate you! And I know that I always will!"

A dark scowl crossed his face, something in him snapped at her words. He did not know why her opinion of him matter, it shouldn't, but it did. He grabbed her wrist and pinned them down on either sides of her head. "Stolen your virtue?"

"Do you intend on denying it!"

"We made a deal and I won fair and square! You gave yourself in accordance!"

Her cheeks pinked as she made a deep angry sound of frustration in her throat, "Must we speak of technicalities?"

"I shall bring you to the peak of pleasure and watch your body yearn for me. Then we shall see if you still feel the same."

Her eyes widened, her cheeks flushed crimson.

He leaned down and kissed along her jaw, nipping at her chin as his trailed his tongue over the small indents his teeth left behind. Her mind was still trying to understand his words.

She began to squirm in his hold when his lips touched her neck, his tongue felt as if he were scorching her skin. She felt an unfamiliar sensation pulling at her center and her stomach churned. Dear, god...what was that?

How could this man arouse these kinds of feelings in her? How could this man evoke desire in her body when she hated him so? So conflicted was she inside.

"Ahhh...," she moaned as his mouth, hot and hungry, began to suckle at her breast. Her cheeks reddened. Had that sound come from her?

She bucked underneath him, her breath catching as his mouth moved lower and lower. He released her wrist and ran his fingers down her overly stimulated skin. He continued to move down and down. She could take no more. She gripped his hair in both her hands and tugged.

"Enough...," She barely recognized her own voice. It was husky and breathy. She pulled at his hair wildly, trying to tug him closer from her body. He grunted, pausing his kissing of her skin.

The look in his eye seemed to burn her from within. He swiftly slid up her body and entered her. She gasped.  He entered her smoothly, filling her.

Her hands tightened in his hair, her back arched. He lavished kisses across her face, pecking her lips ever so often before moving within her. Grinding into her core. Her voice seemed to sing an incoherent song as her back arched completely off the bed with each thrust. And then it happened, a sensation that she had been so close to experiencing but denied countless times. Her mouth fell open, her head thrown back, her legs opening wider as he brought her to the edge of a glorious abyss of unimaginable pleasure.

The feeling shot up her spine, and spread leisurely up her stomach, settling there. Her breast puckered up in bodily delight and she clung to him, releasing his hair and wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. He soon found his own release, groaning like an animal into her ear. He kissed her and welcomed her, her body coming down off its high.

He suddenly chuckled against her lips, deep and hearty and then it hit her. Embarrassment. It coursed through her veins. It painted red across her cheeks and down her neck. What was she doing clinging to him?

"Now you can not deny having experienced pleasure at my hand. Your body clung to me. You clung to me. Though this isn't the first time."

She quickly unwrapped her hands from around his neck and slapped him square across the face. Her palm connecting with his smooth, freshly shaven cheek.

"I hope you rot in hell!" She spat.

She had hit him so hard his eye patch slipped down his face.

He looked up at her, a shocked expression on his face. His sandy brown hair fell into his face, her small hand print red and bold on his cheek. She gasped at what was once hidden beneath the black leather eye patch. A large scar ran across his left eye, the eye was not hazel like the other but a cloudy, misty pale blue. The eye seemed to be looking at her but seeing nothing. She stared openly. She hadn't truly expected anything to be under the eye patch, she had thought he wore it merely for show.

He jumped back, scooting toward the wall, covering his disfigured eye with a hand. He quickly fixed his eye patch, a dark angry scowl on his lips. 

As she remembered the distressed look on his face from moments ago she began to feel as if she truly had gone too far. His eye was obviously a sore subject for him. Before she could open her mouth to utter an apology, he pushed away from her. 

She reached a hand out, instinctively trying to fix it. He slapped her hand away and she gasped, flinching back to grab her rejected hand. "Emil-," he cut her off with a menacing look. "You go to far, Jewel."

Before she could say anything more he was stomping out of the room, the door slamming behind him. 

Jewel released the breath she had been holding, allowing the tears to spill down her cheeks. She wiped at her face, shocked at the spilling of tears. Why was she crying? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emile was fuming with rage and shame. He was mortified that she had seen his one weakness. His left eye was a constant reminder of what he had suffered at the hands of a selfish, heartless man. His eye was a constant reminder of the revenge he sought and of the mother he had lost.

And she had seen it. Her lovely caramel colored eyes had widened at the horrible sight that was his disfigured eye. He could still vividly see the surprise and the disgust on her beautiful face at what lay beneath his eye patch. His chest was heaving a mile a minute as he ran up onto the deck and began to scream at every man he saw, telling them to do something...anything.

He didn't know how else to express his pent up humiliation. So he conveyed it through rage. Hot, boiling anger that needed to be released. He moved across the ships deck and stood at the head of the ship and stared off into the shadowy distance. The sun setting brightly on the horizon. He gritted his teeth, placing a hand over his eye. He gently moved the patch aside, but as he expected, saw nothing but darkness. He blinked, squinting and still he saw nothing through his left eye.

*Comment, like and share! I'm kind of having mixed emotions about Emile...Have you ever disliked someone but liked them at the same time? Well...yeah...that about sums it up. Drop a thought!*