3: What do we do?

I submerged from my sleep when I hear the cry of Paige coming from the nursery down the hall, I glace at the alarm clock; I had fallen asleep only 5 short minutes ago.

"Ughhh." I groan and Tony flips over, I start to stand up only to be pulled back down.

"I've got her this time." Tony mutters, he stands up and walks out of the room. I lay back down and close my eyes. I start to drift back asleep but wake back up at the sound of Tony's voice.

"Babe I don't know what to do she won't stop crying." I open my eyes to see Tony cradling Paige in his arms, I sigh and get up.

"What do we do?" He cries looking at me for guidance.

"I don't know what to do, I'm new at this to you know!" I snap, but I instantly regret it.

"I'm sorry, I have barely gotten any sleep since we brought her home 2 months ago. I'm really sorry." I apologized, I really have only gotten about 14 hours of sleep total in the past 2 months. I love being a mom but I feel like I need a little break.

"I understand Alice, its hard being a new mom." He smiles and rubs my shoulder.

"Just as hard as being a new dad." I smirk. Pagie starts screaming again so our attention turns back to her.

"What do I do?" I beg. Tony looks down and shrugs.

"Sing a lullaby?" I nodd and think of one but I can't remember the words to any so I make up my own.

"Hush little baby mommy needs sleep, I'm going to make you a bottle and..." Tony looks at me and I look at him, he was waiting for me to finish my rhyme.

"Ummm, meat?" I rest my head on his shoulder and we both, laugh, but then a tiny giggle came out of no where. We stop and look down at Paige who is giggling her little head off.

"Tony..."

"I know... Her first laugh!" A huge smile is plastered on his face.

"Aw baby girl." I coo looking at her in awe, these are the moments that make being a mother worth it. I love Paige with all of my heart. A few minutes go by and she finally stops crying. I look up at Tony and he nods. I start walking down the hall to the nursery. I slowly lay her down in her crib, I turn on her mobile and walk out. I lay in the bed and roll over to face Tony.

"I love you so much." I muster.

"I love you so much more than that." He smiles back.

————————————————
Filler chapter, keep your eyes open because I have great ideas for this book :)