7: The Bad News

Once all of the guys leave I sit Tony down and send Paige up to her room. I feel my baby kick just as I take a seat which made me giggle. I soon remembered what I had to tell him and my giggles faded away. He's going to be so worried...

"What's wrong babe?" He asks grabbing my hand and just holding it in his.

"Tony, I don't know how exactly I am going to say this and I have no fucking idea how you'll take it but..." Stop for a minute and take a breath but Tony can't take the silence.

"Alice please tell me." I sigh and look him in the eyes, his curiosity is mixing with his worry and is making him terrified.

"I had a check up last week to see how the baby is doing and... and..."

"Alice! What's wrong with him!?!"

"It's not him... It's me..." I look down at my baby bump but Tony lifts my chin so I'm looking at him again.

"What's wrong?" He sounds so calm but his tense body and watering eyes tell a different story.

"I-I don't know. When I went to see my doctor they drew blood to check my levels and other things... Well, he called me earlier today and said there is an 'irregularity' and I have to go back in the next week or so to have more tests." His facial expression stays the same as a tear rolls down his cheek, touching his piercing and continuing to roll. I bring my thumb up to his face and wipe the tear away.

"But I leave to go on tour next week." He whimpers.

"I have to tell the guys I'll be late for the tour, I can't miss this! I have to be with you-" I stop him before he talks himself into this for sure.

"You can't do that. You have to go on tour. Think of the fans, babe, they love you and need you. Don't worry, it's only a check up and I can call you as soon as I know anything." I say, he sighs.

"We have been through so much together and we can go through this together too." I say trying to convince myself as much as I'm trying to convince him. He looks down at my lap and, just as he did, I lifted his chin so he was looking at me again. Our lips crash and after a second I pull him into a hug.

"I love you so much."

"I love you more, Tony." I reply and he kisses my cheek. I can feel our son moving in my stomach and I guess Tony could feel it too, he releases the hug and smiles at my tummy. I tap my stomach with my finger and a second later a tiny baby hand appears which makes me jump, but we both smile.

 I tap my stomach with my finger and a second later a tiny baby hand appears which makes me jump, but we both smile

"I love you too." He says to our unborn child. Tony stands up and extends his hands helping me stand up, we walk upstairs and into Paige's room to tuck her in, just to see that she had tucked herself in and she was completely asleep.

"They grow up so fast." I whisper to Tony, turning Paige's bedroom light off and shutting her door softly. We walk down the hall, hand in hand, to our bedroom, when I lay down Tony flops next to me.

"It will be okay, he will be okay." I reassure him. He kisses my neck, kissing all the way down to my belly. He pulls my pajama shirt up just a bit and draws an invisible heart around my belly button with his finger tip. I can't tell what he is saying but he's whispering something to him. He gets a little louder when he comes to a closing.

"...I will teach you how to play guitar and so many other things, but goodnight for now. I love you more than you'll ever know." He kisses my tummy one final time and then comes back up to me.

"And I love you most." He kisses my nose and turns off the light, he turns to the side and pulls me close to his body. I fall asleep to my baby boy lightly kicking my stomach.