9: Taking Him Home

Overhearing the doctors talking about releasing me today, I smile. I look down at my beautiful baby boy who is just tangling his fingers in my hair.

"You hear that? We can start our lives together today." I coo to him and he just continues to play with my hair which causes me to giggle. I had called Tony only a couple hours before to tell him that I'm doing okay and that we needed to decide on a name... After considering our top three for ages we finally agreed on...

"Meet little baby Evra." I tell the nurse when she asks me if I have decided on a name yet.

"Evra Von Perry." I mumble and Evra smiles, well, as much as a newborn can smile.

"What a beautiful name!" She says excitedly, writing it down and running off. Only moments later I hear a knock on the door, Alysha and Paige run in.

"Hey beautiful I've missed you!" I squeal.

"Awe I've missed you too." Alysha replies.

"Ugh... Alysha... I was talking to my daughter... But I missed you too!" We both giggled and Paige jumped on my lap.

"Is that my brother?" She asks with a smile, poking his face lightly.

"Yes, this is Evra." I inform her and she grabs his hand.

"Hi Evra! I'm your big sister Paige! I'm going to be such a good big sister to you! I'm going to help you and I promise I will love you always!" She tells Evra who looks at her blankly. My eyes water hearing those words come out of my 4 (almost 5) year old's mouth.

"Are we ready to get out of here?" Alysha asks sitting and rolling around in the wheelchair the hospital gave me to take me downstairs.

"Yeah, can you hold Evra really q-" before I could finish she had jumped up and taken my baby in her arms.

"Awwww look at his little footsie wootsies!" She coos kissing his toes while I climb into the wheelchair. Paige climbs on my lap and Alysha hands me Evra. Alysha whispers in my ear as she pushes me out of the room.

"There's someone else here to see you." She takes a turn and we get on the elevator. Once we're in the lobby or whatever it's called she takes me outside, I put my hand up to cover my eyes from the sun. I see an outline of someone walking towards me and I smile.

"Jessica!" I squeak and she pulls me into a hug.

"You're glowing!" She informs me kissing my cheek.

"How are you?" She asks playing with Evra and pinching Paige's cheeks.

"Good I guess. I'm happy to be a mother again but it's weird, I wish Tony was here." I sigh but when I look down at my children I smile.

"It sucks he isn't here." I hear from behind me but it's not Alysha, I look over and Alysha is standing next to me with the biggest smile on her face with Mike on her side.

"Mike?" I ask in confusion, he winks and I turn completely around to see Tony pushing me in the wheelchair.

"Daddy!" Paige yells and he kisses me.

"Babe!? I thought you were on tour?!" I say, I'm so excited to see his adorable face again.

"Do you really think that I would stay on tour knowing that my beautiful wife just gave birth to our son and needed my help? No." He smiles, sticking out his tongue slightly.

" He smiles, sticking out his tongue slightly

"I love you." I cry and Paige wipes the tears off of my cheek.

"Don't cry mommy. Don't be sad!" She whines about to start crying as well.

"No, no, no honey, mommy is crying happy tears. Mommy couldn't be happier." I coo to her, kissing her forehead. She melts into my arms and snuggles her face into the crook of my neck. When we get to the parking lot we all say our goodbyes and pile in our own cars before Tony clicks Evra into his carriage.

"Okay, so we were going to have everyone over at the house but we thought this would be better." Tony explains climbing into the front seat and pulling out of the parking space.

"That way you got to see everyone today but we get the first night out of the hospital, alone with our children. We can have a little dinner or get together later, but I don't know when." He says turning on the blinker and heading home.

"Jesialndins- hsneim." He continues but I tune him out, I get lost in Evra's eyes and I can tell that my life is about to change for the better.

"Babe." Tony snaps his fingers at me trying to get me to focus back on his instructions and ideas about the big dinner.

"Hmm?" I ask continuing to stare at Evra who is blowing spit bubbles.

"Never mind." Tony giggles and we pull into the driveway of our house, Tony runs around to the side of the car to grab Paige as I climb out myself.

"Are you okay?" He's asks walking up behind me with Paige on his hip, sliding his hand to my lower back so I don't fall.

"Yes. For once I am perfectly happy." I coo to Tony as I kiss Paige's forehead and then kiss Evra's.

"Well, this seems familiar." He laughs as we stare at our house, now with two children.

"Ready to do this all over again?" He asks causing me to look up at him.

"I don't know but we did okay the first time." I press my forehead to Paige's and she giggles.

"Let's do this." He sighs happily, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into him as we walk into our house... No, our home.

-----------------------------------------------
Hey guys, just thought that I would explain that I got the name 'Evra Von' from one of my favorite series "Cirque du Freak" he was the snake boy, and honestly my favorite character from the series. Yes Evra is a BOYS NAME! P.S. If you've never read the series you really should.