8: The Check-Up From Hell

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I stretch and turn off my alarm. It isn't easy being a pregnant women, getting up at 7:30am, taking care of a child while her husband is away on tour but I have to do what I have to do. I climb out of bed and quickly get dressed. I stop for a second as I feel sharp pain in my stomach that feels a lot like the last time when I lost my baby, I rub my baby bump as I waltz into Paige's room to wake her up.

"Come on sweetie, don't you want to go see Auntie Alysha?" I coo to her, her eyes shoot open and she runs over to her closet, with a smile on her face, to get ready. She loves Alysha, and Alysha absolutely adores her. I throw a couple of Paige's favorite toys into a bag and of course other necessities she will need for the couple of hours she's spending over there. I carry her downstairs and buckle her into her car seat, driving to Alysha's house. When we arrive I pick Paige up and sling her on my hip and she giggles as she plays with my hair. I knock on the door and Alysha answers with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey my beauties!" She opens her arms and I give her a side hug before she takes Paige from my arms. I grip my stomach as another pain shoots across but no one notices. After a second of Alysha just talking like a child to Paige, she sets her down and looks back up at me. I hand her the bag I packed and she slings it in her shoulder.

"Thank you so much for doing this." I smile, she returns the smile but hers is more of a concerned smile. I told her I was going to the doctor but I didn't tell her why, the only one that knows is Tony.

"Of course babe!" I give her a hug and kneel down to Paige who looks like she's going to cry but also like she's going to smile.

"Why are you leaving Mommy?" Paige frowns but smiles when she looks up at Alysha. I run my fingers through her black hair and playfully tug on her ear which makes her giggle.

"Mommy has to go see the doctor, I'll be back in a couple of hours BUT until then you can play with Auntie Alysha!" I give her a quick hug and kiss her tiny forehead before Alysha helps me stand my pregnant ass up. I climb back into my car and wave as I drive off, my hands shaking on the steering wheel.

I wait in the hospital room, just kicking my feet waiting on the doctor to come in. I get out my phone preparing to call Tony but just as I start to dial his number a pain shoots across my stomach once again and causes me to drop my phone on the hard tile floor.

"Son of a fuck." I say picking my phone up to reveal a shattered screen. I sit back on the hard bed, table thing and click on the to see that it still works. The doctor walks in and takes a seat on his rolling stool.

"How are you feeling today Mrs. Perry?" I shrug my shoulders and continue to kick my feet as he flips through my file.

"Any news from the tests?" I ask, already knowing that the answer is yes, why else would he be in here? He nods and sighs which makes my heart beat faster.

"Alice- can I call you Alice?" He asks.

"Well that's my name." I laugh quietly trying to lighten the mood but since he didn't laugh it only made the room feel heavier. He looked back down at my file and then up at me again.

"Well, Alice, it looks like you have something called Pneumococcal disease which is an infection of the blood that could result in Pneumonia if not treated." He says closing the folder.

"So is it harmless? Like other than the possibility of pneumonia?"

"Not harmless, but not deadly. We caught it just in time and the shot we gave you early should boost your white blood cell count and fight it out. You are free to go home, no more tests and no more doctors visits. But if you do feel extremely light headed in a couple of days then just give me a ring." He says standing up and walking over to me to help me down, the pain in my stomach returns but this was worse than the last, causing me to fall into my doctors arms. He waves his hand in front of my face to see if I can focus before calling for the nurse to come help him. I hear him tell the nurse something but I was to busy dealing with this pain to notice what he was saying. They get me in a wheel chair and roll start rolling me off.

"Mrs. Perry- any family- call?" Is all I hear over my screams.

"Ooo! Call- AHHHH." Is all I can get out. The nurse grabs my now shattered phone and goes into my recent calls, then holding the phone to her ear. I think she's talking to Alysha as she was the last person I called.

"Doctor... Is... Is my b-AHHHH! Is my baby- is he okay?" I wince, tears rolling down my cheeks. I can't loose this son too.

"Your baby is going to be fine, you're going to be fine okay, you're in labor!" He rolls me into an open room I'm guessing on the 'Birth Floor'. I suddenly realize that my leggings were wet.

"No, No, No! This can't be happening!" I scream when they put me in a bed and putting my legs up. Tony isn't here! He's still on tour!

"Oh it's happening. She's fully dilated Doctor." I hear the nurse say putting on a mask.

"Then let's give birth." The doctor giggles snapping his gloves.

"Here comes the head!" The doctor says excitedly like this was his fist time delivering a baby... Wait, was it?! No, don't think like that Alice, just push!

"AHHHHHH TONY!"