2: Sunshine and Getting Ready

*Draya

Beep beep beep

"Ugghh"

I woke up and expected to see sunshine shining out if my window and happy birds whistling happy songs--but of course I was wrong. I went to my closet to pick what to wear. I picked out some light blue, ripped jeans and a loose, blue, slightly see through shirt that said "I love nerds" with my blue Chuck Taylor's. I added my nerdy Ray Ban glasses with it, and some cute flowered earings from Forever 21.

Now it was time to pick what the little boogers would be wearing. I crossed the hall into my lil sis and bros room. They looked adorable. I slightly shaked them and whispered "wake up." Their eyes opened so I went to pick out their clothes. Although we lived in the hood, we always looked great. Raheem took me shopping sometimes so I always thought about them.

I picked out a blue sunflowered dress for my sis with pink sandales. For my brother, I chose a shirt that had musical notes all over it with some blue, skinny jeans and white and gray Nike sneakers.

It was their first day for first grade and I wanted them to look good. The school was also in the richer part of California, so I wanted them to look like they came from somewhere. This time and I shook them and they got up.

"Yes, Draya." April said in her little sweet voice.

April and Leo were twins. They were both 6 and were adorable. We all had the same father so there hair was extremely curly. My dad was Jamaican and Irish so he had curly red hair. I smiled to myself as I remembered that people often told him he resembled a clown.

I moved onto Leo next. He was really cute and his small little curly hair complemented his caramel face.

"Leo, wake up." It took him a bit longer to fully wake up.

"Ok I want you guys to brush your teeth and wash your faces so that I can shower both of you."

"But I don't wanna shower with April! I'm a big boy!" Leo whimpered.

I gigged and and ran my fingers through his hair. I kissed him on his forehead and reassured him that he would able to bathe on his own soon.

"She's a queen, oohh. When they what good woman made of. She's not afraid and ashamed of who she is! She's royal, yea so royal, yea!"

I looked at my phone to see that my bestie Zaria was calling. We both got accepteded into California's Northern High school of Excellence; the second best high school in California. We were transfering from our previous high school that was being shut down. CNHE had a mix of students but all that really mattered was that I was getting an awesome education. I answered the phone.

"What's up BBBIITTCHH," said Zaria saying her favortie word.

"Nothing much homeskillet. You ready for our first day at a new school?"

"First of all, never say that again and second of all yes!"

"So what time do you want me to pick you up?" she asked me.

Zaria had a 2001 nissan that her aunt gave her. It was old, but it worked.

"No, sorry boo. Raheem is dropping me to school."

Zaria kissed her teeth. Did I mention her parents were Dominican and Trinidadian?

"I'm not gonna even to respond, I'm just let you do you until you run into a wall."

"Love you too," I said smirking.

She laughed and hanged up. I showered my siblings and lotion them both. I brushed April's curly hair into a pony tail and tied a pink ribbon ribbon around her pony tail. I kissed her on her forehead and sent her down to wait for me at the dining table.

I moved on to my Leo. I put the shirt ontop of his head and pulled it down I put on jus pants, his socks, and sneakers and used a little Vaseline to rub down his sideburns. I puffed up his afro and sent him to sit down.

I rushed downstairs to make both of them a bowl of cereal and then went to shower. When I was finished I oiled my self with some coccoa butter and put on my clothes. I sprayed on some Love Spell perfume from Victoria Secret that Raheem bought me. I looked at my iPhone 5.

6:50. Shit. School started at 8:15 but there was a lot of traffic. I put my long box braids in a high pony tail and gelled my edges. I applied some concealer and some red lipstick.

I brushed my teeth and looked in mirror one more time.

"Smexy," I said into my reflection. I grabbed my Michael Kors handbag with my books and the kids bookbag. I grabbed my key and went downstairs. Because they were already finished, I washed their hand and rinsed out their mouth with listerine. I picked up my phone and ushered them out the door. I locked the door and was right in time for them to catch their school bus. The yellow bus door opened and I gave them both kisses, their bookbags and lunchbags and watched them go on the bus. I smiled to the bus driver as he closed the door. I checked the time and called Raheem.

His phone rang three times until he answered.

"Hello?"

"Raheem, where are you?" I said and looked around.

"I'm 5 minutes away, come outside."

With that he hanged up the phone. I rolled my eyes and waited.

Vote. Comment. Like💕🍫