6: "I'm in control"

*Random fact: I love white boys (escpecially Channing tantum and Harry Styles).

*Draya

"Well, Good Morning class. For our first unit, we will be coming up with several topics, and in 3 weeks, I will be expecting a poem or some type of presentation about one of the topics you picked. " Mr. Coldine stated.

I looked at the rest of my classmates nodding their heads and I saw Brandon smiling.

"So what do you think you're going to write about," I asked Brandon.

"Finding first love."

By now, I was red as a fire hydrant. This boy was so brave and said whatever came to his mind.

I quickly whispered into Brandon's ear before Mr. Coldine saw me, "Won't your girlfriend get mad when she finds out that your flirting with a another girl--espescially a black one?"

He smiled at me and put his hand on my cheek.

"Babe, love has no color, and no, I do not have a girlfriend."

I heard a cough and I realized that everyone was looking at me and Brandon. I turned around quickly and looked at Mr. Coldine who had a weird expression on his face.

"It seems as if we already have some ideas. Would you like to share with us?" Mr. Coldine questioned me.

"Sure," I said.

"I think a great topic could be change."

"Hmmm, what do you mean by that--umm Draya."

I sat up more in my seat and explained my reasoning.

"Well today even though we have public--even the most prestigious schools that have all kinds of race in them, we still have cliques. We have the white group, the black kids, the asians, the weirdos, the jocks (with the exceptions of a few black players because coaches just want them to play because apparently every black male can play basketball)." I exclaimed.

By this time, I had the whole classes attention.

"Look, I'm not going to lie and say thay black people don't cause this too. Yes, I'm talking to all the black kids. Mix in and mingle. Its ok to like a someone out of your race. And you know one thing I hate, I hate black people that say stereotypical stuff like, "Why you talk so white?" Well my repsonse is this: I'm sorry if a black person speaking intelligent or speaking well is considered "white". But it's not all about blacks it goes to other races too. Why are people upset to know that I like guys of different races--"

"Well because white boys don't go for girls who are black." I turned around and looked at who was just taking. Some white girl with blonde hair whose boobs were begging for air out of her tight shirt was rolling her eyes at me.

"Well first of all, your men weren't complaining about us when they raped us to have children. They must of us liked us due to the amount of times they kept coming back!" I snapped at the White girl.

She flicked me off and began looking at her nails.

The whole class was silent. Even Mr.Coldine was pondering what to say. I looked at the back of the class and realized that Brian had a smile on his face. His arms were folded on his chest. I swear if he kept looking that delicious, I might just spread my nutella all over his white bread. I glanced at Brandon; he looked shock at my outburst. He gave me a half grin, his dimple poking out of his cheeks.

"Thank you Draya. I think your one of my favorite students. Plus my wife is black and my 7-year old daughter has light blue eyes. I do agree with you. Its hard to be successful In this world when everyone is categorizing you by your color." Mr. Coldine smiled at me and wrote my topic on the board.

"Does anyone else have something to say--?" Mr. Coldine was interrupted by the bell signaling 2nd period. Dang, the day went fast, I thought. I packed my materials and got up.

"Ok, nice to meet everyone remember to keep thinking of topics---" Mr. Coldine was drowned out by the kids leaving the classroom.

"Draya wait up!"

Brandon jogged up to me, "Are you doing anything after school," he said while scratching his ears. It was so cute seeing him nervous.

"Actually--"

"She has a date with me, Tonight."

My body tensed as I smelled Brian's colonge.

"I never planned a date with you Brian." I snapped. Who was he that he was now controlling my life?

"Well we are going on a date, now. After school." he said kind of commandingly.

I turned back to Brandon who looked kinda irritated and upset. I realized the Brian's hand was on my back. I could feel tingles through out my body, so I slid out of his grasp.

"Here, lets switch numbers so I can text you tonight." Brandon's face lighntened up and he handed me his phone and I handed him mine. I typed my number and name in and gave the phone back to him. He smiled and gave me back my phone. I hugged him and he headed to his next class. I ignored Brian's angry face expression and walked right by him.

"Draya wait!"

"No Brian. You can't just scare boys away. I'm not your girlfriend."

"I'm sorry. I just cant stand to see that prick flirting with my girl."

My eyes widened. Did Brian just called me his girl? His cheeks were now red and he was running his hand through his brown hair.

"I'm just looking out for you, Draya," Brian said kinda of apolegetic.

"Thank you." I said.

I stood on my tippy-toes and kissed Brian on his cheek. When I pulled away, his eyes lingered on my lips. He walked closer to me, our noses almost touching. His eyes searched my face for a response but I just stood there, my knees about to give me away at any point. He turned to my cheek and kissed it, lingering there for a few seconds. He backed up, smiled and walked to his next class. I stood where I was, my heart racing and my hands shaking. I shook myself out of my trance and went to tell Zaria what happened at my next class.

*Brian

Man I wanted to do so much things to her. But I also wanted to take it slow. I wanted Draya to like me. I was growing some serious feelings for Draya and I didn't want to mess up my chance with her. I had to plan the date for her tonight. I took out my phone and made some calls. Draya was going to love our first date. But honestly, I had to do something about that guy Brandon. I can see the way he looks at Draya. My Draya. It looks like theres a competition between me and Brandon. Well Brandon, you better look out. Draya is my girl and I don't like sharing.

*So which team are you on? #teambrandon or #teambrian. Vote. Comment. Share.🍦🍫