Nothing Ever Goes My Way

Jeph got off the phone and stood at the bed. Hovering over Stefan and his ex-partners body. "I called, they'll be here in a minute."

Jepha really had nothing much else to say. He really wanted to be crying with Stefan right now, but it seemed he had to be the strong one.

Stefan sobbed over Brian's cold body, pulling him into a hug.

"Why can't they fucking be here now."

Stef didn't like waiting and this was feeling like forever. "Please, can you fucking get someone?"

The man couldn't handle this while Brian felt a little warmer. He didn't notice it though.

He looked up out of wet eyes. "Brian, Brian wake up." He pulled the black hair away from his face, feeling more or less sweat droplets from before. His blue glass eyes flicked around underneath their lids, making Stefan even more anxious to have him wake up.

Jeph was probably the only person who was somewhat calm at the moment. He paced the room, somewhat unsure of what to do.

"I'll call Quinn and we can meet them there."

A lot of abstract thoughts went through out Jepha's mind. Calling Quinn seemed reasonable.

"Okay, you go do that but we fucking need an ambulance." Stefan wiped his eyes softly, still having them a light shade of red. "Please."

The waiting felt like they had been there for hours. Just sitting and waiting for someone to take Brian to safety.

Brian's eyes soon shot to life, mumbling words that meant nothing came from his mouth.

Stefan caressed his hand down Brian's face, noticing that he had awoke. This surprised Stefan, but he wasn't sure if he would be awake for long.

"Hi, Stef what the hell-?"Brian felt miserable, less than he had before.

Stefan being there confused him.

"Buddy, stay with me. You'll be fine." Stefan's mousy brown eyes kept on Brian's.

His talking stopped and he was out.

"Brian, wake up baby. Brian please." Stefan pleaded while he tried to bring him to life.

But before anyone got an answer, the EMT's burst in. It was like they almost crashed through the door.

Jeph huddled over to the corner, calling Quinn and about to tell him about the situation while watching Brian's somewhat alive body being taken away from Stefan.

He couldn't stand Stefan being sad and crying, but it was what was happening.

Stefan ran from the room, along with the gurney holding Brian's nude body.

They had thrown the blankets towards the floor, so he looked incredibly pale from the light, even paler than usual.

The taller man skidded down the stairs, noticing the woman who lived in the flat downstairs.

She pulled Stef over to the side, he heard her birds tweet because of the noise outside.

"What happened?" She asked, seeing his body being carried out.

Stefan wiped his eyes. "I just found him like that." He felt as if she probably knew it was some type of drug that got to him.

"Hopefully he gets back soon." She looked down and went back inside.

Stef ran out to Bri's body being put inside.

An EMT pulled Stefan into the ambulance, not really sure who should've came with Brian.

"So what was happening? Did you find him like this or did you see it happen?"

He kept asking more questions while the others examined Brian.

"I went with my friend to go check on him, I found him lying on the floor in a puddle of his own vomit."

The lanky adult didn't want to describe the scene, but he did anyway. "I put him in his bed and my friend called you."

"Do you know what caused this to happen?" The words shot from the man's mouth. He suddenly got up and started to hook Brian up to the monitors in the ambulance.

The blaring of the sirens outside made him wish he'd never have to hear them ever again.

Stef didn't know how to reply to the question.

He didn't want to tell the man that it was Ketamine. He never had told really anyone about Brian's addiction to the drug.

"Sir, do you know what it was? You can just say no if you don't know."

The man asked again, he had some of the prettiest green eyes he had ever seen in the light.

"No," he mumbled. "I don't know." Stefan kept an eye out on Brian.

Brian seemed to be out. They had put an oxygen mask over him to keep him breathing steadily.

But all Stefan wanted was for him to be awake, and still in his arms.

~~~~~

"Brian got fucked up and is going to the hospital." Jeph said, as soon as Quinn finally answered the phone.

"Like how? Was he beaten up or something." Quinn seemed confused, brushing his blonde hair from his face.

"No, he was probably on something. Stefan found him lying on the bathroom floor." Jeph wanted to run towards the hospital, but it seemed too far.

"Oh fuck, seriously?" Quinn asked. He paced the room like Jeph had done while having the other two still sitting on the couch, staring off into space.

"Yeah, I don't know what exactly happened. But Stefan and Brian are going to the hospital for it."

Jeph really didn't know what happened. All he saw really was Brian, almost dead, and Stef practically collapsing on him.

"Oh shit, um...we'll be there in a few minutes. Just hopefully everything is fine. When you said Brian was going to the hospital, I was thinking 'did he shag too hard and mess himself up.?' "

This gave Jeph a smile that lasted a minute. "Okay, I'll see you then."

Talking to Quinn gave him a pint-sized relief.

"You too buddy. Bye." Quinn put down the phone and put his head in his hands.

"Shit." He whispered, sitting on the stairs. "Mother of god."

Bert had heard him.

"What's going on?" He asked, he had concern rush through him.

Bert was probably the only one who cared for Brian as much as Stef. The relationship Brian and Bert had only lasted a few weeks, Stefan's lasted for months.

"Just Brian was found collapsed on the ground when they got to his flat."

Quinn was somewhat pissed off at Brian for this, but Brian didn't really know any better. Quinn always knew him as a happy junkie.

Stef hadn't told him, he had just figured out himself.

"No, fuck. We have to fucking hurry up and get over there." Bert got up and started getting ready.

"OH shit, really." Branden sat up, actually concerned.

He hadn't been listening to the conversation, or something just clicked. "Did he O.D.?"

Quinn shrugged. "Jeph doesn't know. We're going down there to check on him."

He really knew something like this was coming.

"Alright. Let's fucking go." Bert was ready, he was wondering if anyone else was as frightful as he was. He didn't realize how much Stefan was freaking out.

~~~~~~~~

Stefan sat in a chair, dazed and wanting to know why he pushed the man in front of him as far as he did. He looked up, hearing Brian's monitors lightly in the background.

The doctors told him that Brian would be fine, but Stefan didn't know when he would be.