I didn't mean it

"Brian." Stefan sat down calmly next to Brian's bed, knowing he was going to have to send Brian back to the hospital sooner or later, the small man was hurting badly. The taller man knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but he wished that he was here earlier to stop it. He should've never been to Brian's home in the first place, god, he felt so idiotic for leaving him.

Brian roller to look up at Stefan, his glassy blue eyes made the other angry to leave Brian alone in his life. Stefan left his hand near Brian's eyes, wiping off each tear as they made their way down his pristine face.

"I'm sorry." Brian said, sniffling. His face looked hopeless, like he never wanted to do it, but it had happened automatically. "I'm fucking sorry. I couldn't help myself." Brian looked as though he had spoken the truth, Stef believed every word of it. 

Stefan smiled lightly at Brian's weakness. "I know. Are you feeling okay?" Stupid question to ask, but he wanted an answer.

Before Brian could say anything, another voice came through the room. "Brian? Stef? I'm here to practice. Don't ditch me already." His voice went on, not knowing if they were going to get a reply. "Brian? Stef? It's Robert. You're motherfucking drummer. Really? Where the hell are you guys?" 

"Fuck," Stef had forgotten that Robert was going to arrive early. Well, it wasn't that early, only a few hours after noon, but still, it was bad to have Robert here at this time. "I'm coming Robert. We're in the other room." The man's voice wondered if he was going to have to get him or Robert was going to waltz in there himself.

"Alright." Stefan heard footsteps, so he didn't have to move. Robert stepping into Stefan's view, a blonde man with brown eyes and one shiny gold earring on his left ear. He always only had one earring, not two. Robert leaned on the wall, eyes on the person lying on Stefan's bed. Stef was still sitting beside Brian, but the small man had hid the sheet over his face to block out the light. "Who the fuck is under there? I thought the little shit would be here already." Robert pointed to the man's outline in the bed.

"I'm not a little shit, shut up Robert." Brian retorted, pulling the sheet up. His face was a lighter colour than he two had ever seen him and he could barely hold himself up. Sweat dripped from Brian's forehead and ran down his cheeks, making them stand out on his face. Both the boys near him had no clue what was happening to Brian.

"What the hell is going on with you Bri." Robert seemed like he was actually worried for his state. "Your all pale and look like your dying."

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Brian laid back on the bed. "I just drank a whole bottle of alcohol. Now I'm sick." He could barely hold himself up from the bed, Stef could see his arms weaken and he collapsed back on the bed.

Stefan pulled the hair off of Brian's forehead, "We really need to take you back to the hospital. Are you willing to go back?" The taller man just wanted to make sure that Brian was willing to go. Either way, Stefan worried for his state. He wanted to just carry him away right now, but he wanted to hear Brian's voice say what he wanted to happen. Stef knew that Brian would probably not want to do anything involving a hospital.

"I don't ever want to go back there." Brian replied, looking up at him. "It's your choice." He really didn't care. All Stefan knew after he spoke, he passed out. Brian had gone limp, his eyes were still open, showing his bright blue eyes.

"What the fuck is going on?" Robert said, actually caring about Brian for a minute.

"I'll tell you when we get in the car. Just grab my keys from the table out there and let's fucking hurry up." Stefan picked up the small man and carried him out of the flat. Robert followed the two, sitting at shotgun whilst Brian was laid down carefully in the back. He looked peaceful laying there. Robert watched him carefully, so he wouldn't fall from the seats.

Stefan shut the car door and went in the driver's seat. "I could've stopped this." He whispered under his breath. "I could've stopped all of this." He knew he was going to regret his decision to leave Brian for a while.

~~~~~~~~~

"Guys, where the fuck is Branden? I thought he was supposed to be here by now?" Bert asked. He took a sip of his coffee and looked outside at the pouring rain. Hopefully Brian hadn't left for his flat yet so he wouldn't be really wet when he got home.

The three were at a local coffee shop, buying just that. They were waiting to talk about the band and what they were supposed to do to go to L.A. It had been twenty minutes since the arrival of everyone else, but the three wanted to know. Where the fuck is Branden?

"I thought Branden would actually come if we went here. " Quinn said, taking a sip of his coffee. He really wanted to talk about the band. That was the only reason Quinn ever got out of bed was for music.

"We should probably go attack his house." Jeph replied. He seemed content with that. Quinn was about to get up when Bert got a call. And speak of the devil, it was Branden.

"Dude, where the fuck are you?" Bert got up with the rest of the group, whilst Jeph and Quinn were waiting by the door for Bert to get done talking, or for the rain to lighten up. Either way, they waited.

"I'm at the hospital. I thought you guys would be here already." Bert was bemused. Why was Branden in the hospital? Bert wanted to know what was going on.

"Dude, what the fuck is happening?" Bert asked, Quinn and Jeph turned around to Bert biting his lip. He looked really worried, and he didn't have a single clue to what had happened.

Branden sighed on the phone. "Brian started drinking again and now he's in the hospital. Just get over here and Stef will tell you what happened. He called me a few minutes ago so I'm on my way." Bert could hear the car driving on the other side. "Just get the hell over there. Brian is not doing well."

"We will, thanks for telling me." Bert sighed, knowing the feeling all too well.

"Yeah well I kind of had to. I'll see you in a bit."

"We will too, bye." Bert shut his phone and pushed his hair back from his face, looking over at Quinn and Jeph.

Both of the adults instantly came over, drinking their coffees like they were popular girls in school. They seemed to Bert like they actually were chicks. "Dude, what the fuck is going on?" Jeph asked.

"Just," Bert sighed, "I'll tell you in the car. Let's just go." The trio went outside in the pouring rain and left, knowing something was up, and Bert wouldn't tell them yet.