A New Case

EDITED

***********************

I yawned and rubbed my eyes,waking up in the back of the Impala. Dean was driving,as usual and Sam was looking at some papers. "Where to boys?" I asked,trying to stretch a little.

"We've got a case." Sam said blankly.

"A case? What's that?" I asked,looking at him. Sam looked at me like I grew 2 heads. I really have no idea what's going on.

"J.C..I thought you knew."

"About?"

"The supernatural..you never questioned anything about the officer or how Jess died the way she did,so I assumed you already knew." Sam said with surprise in his voice. My jaw dropped. The supernatural?? I thought that was just a bad dream! What the hell?!

I was at a loss for words,so that means Jess' death wasn't an accident. I'm so slow! I bit my lip,I didn't know what to think,I'm just really shocked right now.

"Ummm,so we're going to go find whatever killed Jess? And kill it?" I asked,finally understanding what was going on.

"Dean and I,are. We're taking you to Bobby's. You'll be safe there."

"I want to go with you guys!"

"Out of the question. It's dangerous,you could get killed,J.C." Dean butted in,not taking his eyes off the road.

"You're not my father! I don't have to listen to you!" I snapped.

"I'm older than you! Didn't anyone ever teach you to respect your elders?!" Dean shot back. This is probably the most we've talked since we went to that burger place together.

I sighed,I know I'm not going to win this battle,but that doesn't mean I have to give up. Maybe,if I do really good with this,so called case,they'll have to keep me around. A smile crept to my face at the thought of my brilliant plan.

I laid back down and looked out the part of the window I could still see from down here. All this has happened and not once have I even questioned anything. That's not normal. I'm curious to know what's going on and what's really out there,but I'm scared of what I might find out.

I started to get a headache from all these thoughts and questions in my head,so I just closed my eyes and tried to clear my mind. The sound of Guns n Roses' and the Winchester brothers bickering about directions,soon started to fade away. There was complete silence.

"Very good,J.C. Practicing your powers,I see." Al's voice echoed,in the darkness. I opened my eyes to the woods,the trees were tall with dark green leaves. The wind was blowing making the trees sway,the birds were chirping,I could hear nature singing to me.

"Powers?" I questioned,still not able to see Al.

"J.C,you've never noticed anything about yourself that was..different from all the other kids when you were little?" I turned around seeing Al in his usual suit.

I thought about what he said,but I really couldn't think of anything. I always thought I was normal. Born in Dallas,Texas,moved to California when I was in 3rd grade,met Jess,graduated from Pacific Vista Highschool,went to Stanford,then I was going to transfer to Duke for medical school. I was going to be a heart surgeon. I guess that's not really in the cards for me anymore since I just left Stanford without a word.

"Listen,J.C. There's more to you than you think. Didn't you ever wonder why your dad never talked about your mother,why she wasn't around?" I felt a pang of hurt sting my chest,my mom was a sensitive subject for me. I remained quiet,letting Al continue.

"Obviously,you're not ready for the truth. Just think about the things I've told you,think about why Heaven wants YOU to watch over the Winchesters,why you moved to California. God's plan." Al said before he vanished into thin air. I was left baffled.

I sat down on the ground,not caring if my white dress got dirty. I was too deep in my thoughts to even realize that I was still in the woods. I stretched my legs out straight and leaned back on my hands,looking up at the sky.

"God's plan.." I mumbled to myself. That seems to be the only thing Al really tells me,he's so secretive. I wonder what he meant by not being ready,ready for what? What kind of powers is he talking about?

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again,I was back in the Impala.

"How long was I out?" I asked,feeling like I had been gone for an hour or 2.

"About 5 minutes." Sam answered,still looking over the papers for the case. I sat up and looked at him in disbelief. "You're kidding.." Sam looked at me with a 'duh' look. Weird,felt longer.

"So,where's this...case?" Trying to change the subject.

"Lost Creek Trail. Black Water Ridge,Colorado . " Sam answered,handing me the papers. I looked through them,seeing all the missing persons files.

"How are they connected?" Dean asked Sam,trying to get in the conversation.

"They are all following a pattern,people go missing on this trail every 23 years."

"Sounds like our kind of thing,so we're checking it out." Dean said,clearly talking to me since Sam already knew that.

"How'd you guys find this case?" It seems a little weird how they could just pick a random spot and find out that supernatural stuff is going on.

"Our dad sent us coordinates,we look for anything unusual and go from there." Dean said in an annoyed tone.

"Well,excuse me! Mr.Grumpy Gills!" I huffed and sat back,looking out the window. He acts like I'm automatically suppose to know this or something.Dean looked at me through the mirror,giving me an apologetic look,but that was gone as fast as it came.

I'm not even going to worry about Dean,I already have this whole powers thing to think about. I wonder what other kind of powers I have. What am I? Maybe,I'm a fairy! Or a vampire! I shook the thought from my head. Okay,sounds too twilight for me. I chuckled,which caused Sam to look back at me. He stared at me,but then he just went back to looking at the papers.

We stopped at a run down motel and went to the office to check in.

"I'm not getting out of this car. I'd rather sleep in here than in that roach infested room." I shouted loud enough for the boys to hear me as they unlocked the door to the newly acquired room.

"Quit your bitchin' and get your sexy little ass in here before I lock you out!" Dean shouted back at me. I didn't budge. Dean shrugged.

"Guess I'll let the demons get you." He said turning his back to me,walking in the room. My eyes widened,there's no way I'm letting those creepy people get me! I got out the Impala in record time and sprinted to the room. Dean smirked and closed the door after I walked in.

The room wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be,it was okay. Not dirty,but not luxurious. I was busy too judging the room,not noticing that there was only 2 beds.

"Sleeping arrangements?" Sam brought up.

"I call the bed by the AC! I have to be cold to go to sleep." I blurted,raising my hand.

"No can do,toots! I'm sleeping on that bed." Dean said,pointing at MY bed. I glared at him.

"Listen here,children,I'll let both of you sleep on that bed,BUT you two kids have to behave! No baby making!" Sam stated,jumping on to his bed.

"Like that would ever happen anyway." I said as I plopped on my bed. Dean sat on the bed and looked at me.

"Don't be too sure. Eventually,you're going to fall in love with me,they always do." He said with a cocky smirk.

"Goodnight,Sam. Goodnight,Dean." I said completely ignoring his remark. There's no way that's going to happen. Ever.

"Night." I heard the boys in unison as I laid down and closed my eyes. I smiled to myself. That was cute,I thought before I fell asleep.