Chapter 11: Coffee!!

Sam's POV:

I yawn and stretch slowly, keenly aware of Kristy curled up against my side. She's sleeping soundly for once, her head resting lightly on my shoulder. I don't want to wake her up. I reach over and check my phone to see if Bobby has left us any messages-but no.

When I turn back, Kristy is blinking awake. She frowns, clearly still tired. I wrap an arm around her and squeeze.

"You can rest a little longer."

She yawns quietly, and wraps her arms around me in a hug.

"Are you going to stay longer?" she asks.

"No, someone's got to get the coffee."

She groans in protest, but shakes her head.

"Alright, I'll go with you," she whines shoving me out of bed.

I catch myself before I go head long into Dean. She snickers as she rights herself and stretches. The pen on the nightstand goes flying across the room. We both look at it alarmed.

She mutters something under her breath about control, but I don't quite catch it. Probably something from a dream she had.

She drunkenly climbs to her feet, making a face. Morning breath, I guess. Kristy has this wierd thing where she can't stand it if her PJ's don't match. So last night, she went to bed in purple shorts with white dragonflies and a white tank top. She staggers to the bathroom. I hear her turn the sink on and then the swish of her toothbrush.

While she does that, I swiftly change clothes. She exits the bathroom a second later to dig through her bag for clothes. If there's one thing my sister has accomplished, it's a keen sense of fashion. Or at least...being able to match colors and whatnot.

She emerges with what she calls a 'high-low' hem skirt in black and a green, one-shoulder shirt. She yanks out a pair of heels. I don't even know how she fit those in her suitcase! She laces them up and then stumbles over to me.

"Walking in heels when I haven't even had coffee yet is not a good idea," she mumbles, gripping my arm.

I pat her hand sympathetically and help her to the Impala. Once she's in the seat, she doesn't even buckle up. Man, she really is braindead in the morning. Once we get to Starbucks, it seems she's woken up a bit more and she doesn't need my help as much to get inside.

I'm the only one that knows what she likes to drink. Even she doesn't know. So once it's been ordered, she waits patiently. Then, when the steaming cup is slid across the service bar toward her, she pounces on it and takes a sip, smiling appreciatively.

"Sam, have I told you how much I love you lately?" she hums.

I laugh, tipping the cashier and leading us from the cafe. Kristy is a lot more agreeable when she's been caffeinated.

As I drive back to the motel, I try to find a good way to bring up what I want to talk to her about.

"Just say it, Sam," she tells me, taking a sip of her coffee.

"How are things with you and Cas?"

I swear, she would have spit coffee all over the dashboard if she wasn't sure Dean would kill her.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she demands.

"Kris, you already told me that you love Cas. So what's the deal? Are yoy two together?"

She laughs mirthlessly.

"Please. Cas probably hates my guts. I mean, it's not as if he's in love with me. It's kind of one sided."