Chapter Seven - Felix Felicis

"No Soph. Absolutely not."

I tell my friend no for the hundredth time this week as I storm down the steps from my History of Magic classroom. Sophia trots along behind me, clutching her books to her chest.

"Please Li, you're the best seeker we have and..."

I turn to face my friend. "Sophia, I can't." I plead with her, before turning and continuing down the stairs, smiling politely when a group of third years heading the opposite direction shout "Hi Juliet!"

We've been back at Hogwarts for 4 days now, and today is my first potions lesson. My fingers itch eagerly as I reach the bottom of the stairs and turn into the bustling corridor. I can't wait to get back to something that I'm good and comfortable at. And to get Sophia off my back about rejoining the Quidditch team.

"But Li, we've lost you and Draco. How're we supposed to beat the Gryffindors without either of you? Besides, you've had falls before and now you've got Madam Pompfrey and Dumbledore to make sure that you don't get hurt."

I shake my head wearily. It's been hard saying no to Sophia. Slytherin Quidditch trials are next week and she's only got three players willing to return - Blaise, Goyle and Norman Swann. Given that Gryffindor have not only Harry but Ginny, Katie Bell and numerous other good players, it's unfair on Sophia for me to leave her in such a state. But I can't face Quidditch right now; the thought of a broom makes me feel sick.

"This fall was different. I'm really sorry Soph but I can't. I haven't got time anyway, with all these NEWTs. If I want to be a professor when I leave, I need to concentrate on my NEWTs and I can't do that if I'm wasting my time with Quidditch."

Sophia sighs deeply as we continue towards Professor Slughorn's classroom. Potions is our last class of the day, and I can't wait to finish school for the day and write a letter to Damon. I haven't had time to reply to the one he sent me yesterday, and I feel sort of responsible to keep him up to date about everything thats going on here.

"Look," I turn around to my friend. "I'll help you pick the team. But no flying. Absolutely none."

Sophia sighs but nods her head. "Fine."

I know that she won't drop the subject completely, but she leaves it alone for now. I bid her farewell as I descend down the steps towards Slughorn's classroom and she heads off to her Divination lesson. A group of students has already arrived, but Draco isn't yet present.

"Hey Li!" I hear Hermione exclaim. I force myself to smile at her - of course she'd be one of the first ones here. "How are you?" she asks, seemingly oblivious to the glares she's receiving from some over-protective Slytherins. I shrug my shoulders. "Fine I guess."

 Hermione smiles once more. "I'm glad. How's Draco?"

The Slytherin's around us are beginning to close in. In a panic, I sharply reply "why do you care all of a sudden?"

Hermione intakes her breath sharply, taking a step back. Though her face hides it, I can tell that she's hurt by the look in her eyes. I sigh; I can hardly apologise to her right now, I'll just have to catch her later and tell her that I'm sorry.

Speaking of Draco, he appears from nowhere, striding down the steps confidently yet silently. When I'd asked him about Sophia's brother, he'd simply pulled a painful expression and firmly said that he didn't know. My sign not to talk about it again unless I had to.

Draco looks handsome as ever, we've hardly been separated this entire week. Except for the differences in a few lessons, we eat together, do our homework together and live together (him having moved into my private bedroom as a prefect, although we keep the bathroom door which leads to his unlocked at all times in case he needs to quickly make a getaway). The only time we spend apart except for lessons is when I've been dragged away by my friends and a couple of occasions where he's disappeared, claiming he needs a bit of time alone.