Chapter Seventeen - Who knew?

Back to Juliet! Did you like the last chapter? I know it was only short, but I wanted to give an insight into some of Draco's feelings and show a scene that if it had happened from Juliet's perspective wouldn't have been seen. I originally considered having Honey or Sophia confront Draco, but decided on Hermione since Juliet's two other female friends think of Draco as a perfect hero and don't know the truth. Now that you know what Draco is spending some on his time on, do you feel more forgiving towards him? Let me know in the comments - I love getting feedback!

Anyway, here is the last chapter before school finishes for what I plan on being an explosive Christmas where a lot of secrets will finally be revealed (whose secrets though, you'll have to wait and see!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't wait up for Draco that night, locking my door so that when I did eventually hear the doorknob shake as he tried to get in, he couldn't. He whispered my name, his voice thick and pleading. But he had no right to be upset, not after he'd abandoned me.

I sat outside for an hour. It was cold, I was alone, but each time I checked my watch I told myself that he'd be here soon, that he'd come and apologize, that we'd proceed with our date and it would be like everything was ok. But the longer I sat there, with people watching me sympathetically, including Hermione who had kept her distance by staying on the other side of the courtyard, but looking up from her book every so often, I realised that he wasn't coming, and that I couldn't wait out here forever.

I gathered up my things, unable to stop the tears that fell, and stormed inside. Don't cry, I told myself, when the people I passed in the hallways stared at me. I even passed Lavender and Ron. My brother, despite being involved in kissing Lavender at that moment, saw me over her shoulder and pulled himself away, apologizing to Lavender as he stood up and came over to me. "Li? Are you ok?" he asked sheepishly. Lavender stared at us, clearly looking annoyed at me for stealing Ron's attention away for a moment, even though I hadn't intended to. I wiped my eyes and nodded weakly. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just..."

Ron did something strange, something that he hadn't done for a while. He grabbed me and wrapped his arms, now muscular from all the Quidditch, around me and hugged me tightly. Ron was taller than me, but not as tall as Draco. Still, I buried my face in my brother's shoulder and let him rub my back soothingly. Ron had never been good at comforting words, but one hug from him always made me stop crying when I was a child.

"I don't like to see you cry, Li. If this is because of that idiot Malfoy..." I heard the anger in Ron's voice and shook my head. No good would come from a fight between him and Draco. "Everything is ok Ron." I assured him.

I peered over his shoulder and saw Lavender stood glaring at us, her arms crossed over her chest in annoyance. "You look like you've got your own problems to worry about now, anyway."

Ron smiled slightly. "Just be careful with her, ok Ron? She looks like she thinks this is quite serious already. Hey, maybe you could invite her to ours for Christmas?"

Ron lets go of me and shoots me a look of daggers, even though he's smirking slightly. I peered over his shoulder and give Lavender a sarcastic wave. "Hi Lavender! Ron's told me so much about you!" She looked at me critically, before smiling wildly at Ron, who looked slightly terrified. "You kids have fun!" I said weakly, before striding away so that when I burst into tears again, which I did, Ron wouldn't see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hadn't spoken to Draco in three days, despite his efforts to catch me. Tonight was our last night before we went home for Christmas, and Slughorn had decided to have a big Christmas party in which we were allowed to bring along a date that wasn't in the club. I had been planning on bringing Draco, but since I was refusing to speak with him, I had to make over arrangements.