Chapter Fifteen - Party like a Gryffindor

Deciding whether to go to Ron's party or not was supposed to be my decision, but there was no need for me to make it when Honey was insisting that I attend. When I voiced my doubts about it to her over dinner, she grabbed my shoulders and shook me. "Juliet. You are the first Slytherin in hundreds of years, perhaps ever, to be invited into the Gryffindor Common Room. Do you understand how big of a deal this is?"

I rubbed my shoulders when she let me go, still sore from today's match. The rest of the Slytherin table was in a subdued mood, snapping at each other when they did talk, although they hardly did. To my relief, nobody seemed to blame me - I had caught the snitch after all, despite my prolonged absence and it having been ages since I'd trained.

Suddenly, Draco appeared. He'd been missing all day, not having turned up to the match or appearing in the common room since. I knew that it was wrong for me to be annoyed at him - he hadn't known I was playing, and if he had, I'm sure that he would have turned up. But that didn't stop me from pushing his hand away when he sat down, and turning my face to give him my cheek when he tried to kiss me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him frown as he started to put some food onto his plate.

"What's wrong love?" he whispered. I turned to glare at him, before continueing with my meal. To my surprise, Sophia was glaring at him too. "She played, like I told you she would." Sophia hissed suddenly.

Draco sat upright, his face ridden with shock, as he turned to look at me. I refused to look back at him. "But Juliet doesn't fly anymore..." he tried to object.

I slammed my goblet down on the table. "I do now. And you knew about her plan, and you still didn't bother to turn up? That's harsh Draco."

He looked at me in a mixture of surprise and guilt. Good, I hope he did feel guilty. He'd been unable to tear himself away from whatever it was he was doing for a couple of minutes to come and watch his girlfriend play her first game of Quidditch, on the broom that he'd given her, after she'd fallen in a plan that was his idea.

"Juliet please, let me explain," he mumbled. I dropped my cutlery down on the plate. "Go ahead Draco. Explain. Tell me where you were, what was so important that you couldn't come down and even see if I was playing." I stared at him expectantly, even though I knew he wouldn't tell me. At least not here, in front of Honey, Sophia and the rest of Slytherin that were watching our argument curiously.

He stared at me helplessly, and I rolled my eyes, rising to my feet. "Juliet wait," he pleaded, "we can do something tonight, just us two. We can go to the tree-house if you want..." I shook his hand off of mine. "I can't, I have plans tonight. I'm going to congratulate my brother. Because that's what families do, Draco. You're supposed to be my family, and you haven't even asked how the game went. I caught the snitch, did you know that?" I glared at him as I grabbed my wand from the table. "I'm sure that Pansy will be more than happy to give you a full match report."

I intended my last words to hurt, and they clearly did, because a wave of sadness flashed over his face. Good. Before he could respond, I stormed off, tucking my wand in my pocket. I was going to have a good time tonight, I was going to go to this party and Draco wasn't going to ruin it for me. I refused to let him.

"Hey, are you ok?"

I jumped as Harry appeared from nowhere. I managed a smile for him, even though my eyes were full of tears. "Yeah, Draco's just being annoying. But I'm fine."

Harry shoved his hands in his pockets and stared at me thoughtfully. "You don't have to come tonight if you don't want to, Ron would understand." I shook my head immediately, wiping my eyes with my sleeve and grinning at Harry. "And miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to party like a Gryffindor? I don't think so."