one | exchange something other than knowledge

"i found my sweet escape when im alone with you

"i found my sweet escape when im alone with you."

-5 seconds of summer, "disconnected"

-

"Where's the trolley?" Henley asked tersely. After the fiasco that was her morning, she had no time to eat - and after third year's breakfast she doubted she would ever eat before leaving for Kings Cross ever again.

Pulling at Henley's jeans, Wren Summers (Henley's best girlfriend) rolled her eyes. She was a Latino girl from America. Wren rolled her eyes, her dark eyeliner and dark hair rolling on her skin. "Obviously not here."

"Did any of you go to the Word Cup?" Connor Lahey, another boy in their group, asked with a frown. He had been looking out the window the entire duration of the trip, too consumed with his thoughts than the conversation.

"No, Lahey. None of us went to the Quidditch World Cup," Chase rolled his eyes at the Quidditch obsessed teenager. Connor's older brother had been the captain of the Slytherin team when he had gone to Hogwarts, five years ago. Connor had taken up the sport after his brother and was waiting to be the captain of the Ravenclaw team. In the meantime, Connor was contempt with ranting about the sport to his three best friends whenever he could.

Wren sat up in her seat, a serious expression adorned her normally relaxed face. She had gone with her extended family an she was terrified. "I went."

Frowning and sitting up from where she was leaning on the seat, Henley glanced between the two friends that went to the Cup. Her hair was pushed out of her face with an impatient huff, "What happened?"

"Death Eaters," Connor told her gravely. He loved his friends and knew that it would put a damper on the train ride if he were to bring it up, but he had to talk about it with someone.

"Oh, Merlin," Chase swallowed. He, himself, was a muggleborn and everyone knew how Death Eaters hated anyone affiliated with the muggle culture.  Connor and Wren were both purebloods, each came from their own long pedigree of witches and wizards. Henley was a half-blood, so she would be safe for some time.

Taking Henley's hand for comfort, Wren nodded with her dark eyes. She, along with her family, were all experiencing differentiating forms of PTSD after the attack. Wren had been in charge of getting her younger cousins to the portkey, ensuring that they would be safe. It had been hard for her to keep a hold on the five crying children, but Connor and his brother had found her and helped her carry the children to the portkey. "The dark mark was shot into the sky."

"You didn't see it in the Daily Prophet?" Connor questioned the two who didn't go to the Cup.

Henley shook her head, a disappointed sigh coming from her lips. "Mum thinks it's filled with lies and rumors so she canceled our prescription."

Tapping on the seat, Chase nodded to the dark skinned girl. "Same with my mum. She says it's rubbish."

"Who do they think did it?" Wren squeezed Henley's hand tighter.