twenty-four | prophecy

"and the two of us went up in smoke"

- cam, "burning house"

-

"Shit went down by the Great Hall this morning," Connor informed Henley as they walked down the hall. Henley's headache pounded around in her skull, but she still listened to her friend's words. "McGonagall and Umbridge were yelling about the blood quills."

Running a hand through her curly locks, Henley shook her head. "I still can't believe that she's using those damn things. They leave a scar for life. My mum had one. She refused to tell me what it said, though."

They got a little quite as Henley thought of her mother for the first time in a couple of days. Henley was slowly getting better at controlling her emotions and was becoming a bit stronger, but she still had her moments.

As they turned a corner they saw Mister Filch smirking at the wall and whistling as he walked away. A sign was hammered onto the wall and the two Ravenclaws went to read the words: DOLORES JANE UMBRIDGE HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO THE POST OF HOGWARTS HIGH INQUISITOR

"That's not good," Connor sighed and rolled his eyes at how the school is going to shit.

As the days went on, Umbridge's terror had taken over the school. She continued to dominate over everything. She created many useless decrees that only gleaned her more power. The pink teacher walked through the halls with her wand, pushing kids that were too close apart and fixing uniforms and sneering at everyone.

When the teacher evaluations started, Henley knew things were about to get worse.

Henley sat in the front row of every Divination class. She sat at a table with Wren next to Draco Malfoy and his friends. Henley's favorite class was Divination because Professor Trelawney.

Professor Trelawney was a woman with large glasses and frizzy hair. She wore long robes with many rings and necklaces and reminded Henley of a hippie. Plus, she always smelt of incense.

The first day Henley walked into class, Trelawney knew of her gift with such a strong feeling that the two got the same vision at the same time. Of course, Trelawney spoke in a riddle and Henley drew it out, but it was of a great big dog that resembled the grim.

Trelawney favored Henley because of her Seer abilities, so Henley always received a O in the class and on the examinations. The one thing that put Trelawney over her other teachers, is that Trelawney knew not to push Henley, she just let the young girl embrace her powers.

The understanding of how much the gift effects a person was between them and that's what Henley was thankful for.

So when Umbridge interrogated Trelawney, Henley wasn't happy.

"You've been at this post how long exactly?" Umbridge asked with fake kindness in her voice.

Trelawney stopped teaching and turned to Umbridge with confusion on her face, "Sixteen years."