chapter twenty-eight | walks

"revealin the layers to my soul"

-kayne west & the weeknd, "fml"

-

Henley was adjusting to being back at school and having everyone know of her mother's passing. The pity stares, the professors telling her if she needed extended time on work to just let them know, the whispers, and the haunting feeling that she was known as the girl whose mother died.

It seems as though she dropped her title of the prettiest girl in her year and the entertainment at the beginning of every school year. All anyone referred to her as was "the girl whose mom died". Of course, she did not complain. She knew that Harry was known as the body who lived, and she did not want to seem like she wanted pity.

The hardest part of it was that Henley missed Neville finding the Room of Requirement and the first meeting of the students. They named themselves Dumbledore's Army and were sneaking in and out without letting any others in.

Dumbledore's Army was meeting that night and Henley was excitedly walking with Connor, Chase, and Wren to the Room of Requirement. While she had drawn it, Henley was not sure where in Hogwarts it was.

Wren was laughing and hooked her arm with Connor's, "Henley, darling, you're excited aren't you?"

"You have no idea," Henley stated while sending her friend a look behind Chase's back. "I haven't done a real defense spell in a long while. I'm so sad I missed the first lesson."

Chase looked down at the curly haired girl with a smirk, "You're just upset that you haven't seen Harry teach, but we all have."

Henley rolled her eyes and pushed Chase away while Connor and Wren laughed. They showed Henley how to enter the room and they snuck in. Most of the members arrived already, and Henley could see Harry's black hair from across the room.

Harry smiled softly as he noticed her, but continued speaking with Hermione about the lesson. They were doing disarming spells that day. Specifically, Expelliarmus. Harry was explaining what his plan was to Hermione, but was getting slightly distracted by Henley's smile towards him.

"Harry!" Hermione hit his shoulder when he got so distracted he trailed off. "For goodness sakes, you could at least have the manners not to drool when looking at Henley."

Whipping his hand up to his mouth and his head back to Hermione, Harry's mouth was gaping. "I'm drooling? Do you think Henley saw?"

"Oh, shut up, Potter."

-

Harry taught a wonderful lesson on disarming spells. He was poised, collected, and a calming presence in the chaotic room. Henley had never felt so comfortable performing a spell she had never attempted before. However, Henley only practiced the spell a couple times as she was getting distracted by Harry's lips. They were a light shade of pink, but slightly plump.