seventeen | one step

"i was doing fine before i met you"

- the chainsmokers (ft. halsey), "closer"

-

"What do you mean you want me to be in the Order?" Henley's wide, brown eyes scanned the room of adults that pulled her and her father away from Berkley as soon as they stepped through the threshold of Headquarters. Sending a look to her father in shock, Henley took a deep breath. "I'm not of age yet."

Dumbledore placed a soothing hand on Henley's from where he sat at the head of the table. A part of the Order was seated in the dining room, a charm on the door to hide their discussion. "My darling, you would just be doing us a favor by doing what you do best. That's all we ask of you. We would never send an underage child to do our biding."

Taking in his words, Henley looked up at her father. At this point in her life, Henley wasn't mentally capable to make this decision by herself. Baxter crossed his arms and then uncrossed them to put them on the back of his daughter's chair. He stared at the room, intimidating them. "You mean her drawing? You want my soon-to-be sixteen year old to draw you the future? That's what you're asking her?"

"Mister Paxton, she has been in danger from the moment she was born. I'm sure you know that considering everything that's happened in recent time. We offer your family protection, but many will die without your daughter. The Order needs her," Sirius Black's gray eyes twinkled as he held eye contact with Baxter's dark, brooding eyes. It was his house they were staying at, surprisingly.

Apparently, Sirius and Claire had a fling when they were still in school before Baxter came into the picture. Upon him speaking, Baxter glared, not enjoying the man. Baxter turned his attention back to his daughter and rubbed her shoulder lightly with his thumb, allowing her to pick what she wanted to do.

Clearing her throat lightly, Henley looked at Dumbledore then up to her father. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were staring at her, unsure of what she was going to say. Mrs. Weasley looked like she wanted to kill anyone who brought a fifteen year old into the Order. Remus Lupin, her old Defense teacher, sat next to Sirius with a brooding look and he gave her a simple nod when her eyes passed over him.

Alastor Moody was standing in the corner, his magical eye moving around in his head. Henley remembered that she couldn't call him professor anymore because he was never her true professor. Plus, he was there when he looked for Claire. Tonks was between the Weasleys and Remus, her hair sticking to a bright purple. Others were also in the room, but Henley didn't know them as well.

"She's just a child," Mrs. Weasley let out harshly as she glared at everyone. Henley tensed up at the sound of her voice, unsure of what was happening. Mrs. Weasley almost turned as red as her hair. "She's hardly sixteen yet, what are you expecting her to do?"

"Draw the future, Molly," Sirius scoffed and threw his hand towards the girl. He sat up in his chair slightly, "Do you realize how much of an advantage this would give us? We could be one step ahead of Voldemort and his followers."