six | ten out of ten would approve

"we could dance and party all night and drink some cherry wine"

- ella eyre, "we don't have to take our clothes off"

- (we're going to pretend that the skirt goes down to touch the ground)

"Who're you taking to the Yule Ball, Hen?" Wren asked while taking a bite of her oatmeal. Her pumpkin juice almost being spilt twice until Henley grabbed it, both times Wren only waved her off. Henley rolled her eyes and grabbed for the cup, planting it on the table to make sure it wouldn't fall.

"Stop calling me that," Henley scowled, "It makes me sound like a chicken." Henley twirled her fork in her eggs; she wasn't hungry but also wasn't full. "And I don't know. No one's asked me yet. What about you, huh? Got any suitors falling to your feet?"

Rolling her eyes, Wren crossed her legs with a smirk. Her best friend had no idea how many guys and girls would love to take her out to a date or the Yule Ball. "Henley, darling, you've got two of the Hogwarts Champions falling at your feet and the rest of the school waiting for you to be alone so they can ask you. And yes, I do have a date: Luke."

Luke was in Hufflepuff and he and Wren had been talking - and other things - for a while. They were basically dating and Luke only needed to muster up the courage to ask Wren out, which Henley and Connor were hoping would happen before the Yule Ball.

"People can hear you talk, you know," Henley reprised her lightly. Her eyes darted around the immediate area, hoping no one heard the words that escaped Wren's mouth. "Honestly, Wren, you need to think before you speak."

Before the latino girl had a chance to reply, Berkley sat down next to the two. Henley's younger brother sighed and bounced his leg up and down on the bench. He made a grab for Henley's fork, successfully grabbing it and stabbing it into her untouched eggs. "Do you think I have a chance to get asked to the Yule Ball?"

"I don't know anyone who's desperate enough to ask a second year to the ball," Henley replied while patting her brother on the head. Berkley groaned and continued dancing the fork around the eggs. Food was starting to fly before Wren reached across the table to touch Berkley's arm.

"Honestly, you Paxtons have a tell when you're upset: playing with food," Wren's face was disgusted as she brushed some of the yellow egg off of her uniform. Her plump lips were pulled into a frown and she looked at the siblings, "You two need to suck it up. Henley, we're finding you a date ASAP. Berk, unless your snogging skills came in early, you're screwed."

"Wren," Henley exclaimed, slapping her hand down on the table. The girl rose an eyebrow, silently asking what the matter was as she took a bite of her toast. Sending her a disapproving look, Henley shook her head and pointed her finger, "He's twelve. He doesn't need to be snogging anyone." Turning to her little brother, Henley pursed her lips, "If you want to go so bad, ask Angela Petrova. She looks like a second year and she's a sweet girl, so be nice."