Another bad news

It's been three weeks since the Plasma transfusion and today, the result of the last check up was in,

"Trishia, nice to see you how's everything going?" The doctor asked as i took my seat in the doctor's office. Gabriel was outside since this was just  a check up.

"Good," I smiled as i crossed my right leg over my left.

"Great," He smiled, his smile was so warm I felt myself trusting him instantly,

"This was really just a check up to make sure everything was okay, I know there were some complications regarding to your lack of blood before and you need a plasma transfusion for it," He said,

"Oh yes," I blushed, "But it's all been sorted out, right?"

"Yes, right," the Doctor smiled, "Now what we tend to do here is give you the result of our last check up,"

"Good, i'm ready." I lied, i could feel my heart beat in my throat,

"Here it is," he said producing a file and placing it in front of him, "Well obviously, everything is good as it is before, but.." he said looking at the file of papers on his desk, "We found something on your spleen."

"What?" I asked shooting my head up and looking at him, "My spleen?"

"Yes,"

"What is wrong with my spleen?" I asked suddenly feeling my throat dry up,

"Your spleen is destroying red blood cells and platelets and this is very dangerous for you," the doctor said and i felt my heart drop to my feet when i saw his serious expression, "This is a rare case of chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and the spleen needs to be removed."

"I'm sorry but it is..." I began before stopping, Gabriel would be shocked to hear this. "Oh my god,"

"I know this is hard for you, Trishia. You need an operation for this, called splenectomy."

"An operation?" I whispered as I felt myself go dizzy,

"Sit down Trishia," the doctor said as I realized I was standing,

"I'm sorry," I said swallowing, "It's just a bit of shock, i've never been on an operation before,"

"I'm sorry but that is the result, you need it as soon as possible or it would be really dangerous for your health in case of the acute leukemia." He apologized,

"I just have to tell Gabriel," I sighed, "Thank you," I nodded as I walked towards the door,

"I'll see you in a few days Trishia, please let me know if you ready for the operation," he smiled and i nodded,

"Yes, thanks," I said, stepping out and closed the door behind me. Shit.

"How did it go?" Gabriel jumped up with a big grin as I approached him. I felt my heart break as I realized I would have to tell him. This wasn't fair on us.

"I have something to tell you,"

"Is everything okay?" He asked,

"I can't do this," I said as i felt my breathing speed up, this is what a panic attack felt like,

"Can't do what? Trish you're scaring me now." He looked into my eyes and my heart broke even more.

"Gabriel, i need an operation. They want to remove my spleen," I whispered as I felt the tears pour out of my eyes,

"Oh Trish," He gasped as I began to sob, "Shhhh c'mere," He cooed into my hair as he pulled me into his chest.

"I'm so scared, I don't know what to do.." I cried as my breathing staggered and I attempted to take a breath, "I can't take this operation. I'm too scared. What if something happens after the operation?"

"Yes you can. Let's go to the car, we'll talk on the way home" He instructed as he guided me towards the car.

***

"Well," Gabriel said to me as he looked at me with concern and confusions in his eyes. "I know this is hard for you, but baby please." He guided me towards the sofa,

"Gabe not again..." I shook my head, looking down at my hands,

"You need it for yourself. I can't let you suffer from this illness, i can't let you being hurt, not anymore." He begged, holding my hands as he noticed my hands begin to shake again.

"Gabe...."

"It's just an operation. You can handle it! I know it! I knew!"

"Gabe you're being childish again," I inhaled and exhaled, causing him to just stood there in silent for a few moments.

"Trish you have to. You're hurt. Let them help you."

"I was terrified of hospitals. How am i going to survive this surgery?"

"Oh you will. I always held your hands at regular check-up so i'll hold your hands when the operation's going on," He said causing me to chuckle, he always said something silly and stupid like that,

"You can't do that, you idiot!" I hit him in the stomatch.

"Or should i tell the doctor to do that for you?"

"Oh stop it!" We laughed,

I snuggled myself deeper into the navy blue sofa, trying to act asleep. I felt Gabriel's warm hand run through my hair. I know it calmed me down when i was nervous and such.

"I think i'll let them help me with the operation,"

"You'll be okay," He said rubbing my shoulder, his voice was soft. We just ended up cuddling in the sofa for almost an hour to calmed me down.

Sooo how was the story going this far? Let me know guys, i need your opinion, i think the story went really messed up and i don't really have any ideas for the next chapter..

xoxo