The Night Before the Surgery

I was just flopping myself on the couch when my phone rang. It was Gabriel.

"Hey, what's up?" I say through the phone,

"All good. How's your day, babe?" Gabriel asked, sounded a little bit worried. Well, Gabriel was always suffocating. Always asking whether I was alright and keeping me by his side.

"Good, good." I lied. I was feeling sick all day, couldn't catch myself whenever my heels touched the floor, but the pills from doctor quite helped me a bit. Maybe because tomorrow was the day of the surgery and I couldn't help myself from worried about everything that could possibly happening.

"Great," He exclaimed in joy, "Guess I have a plan for us tonight!"

I let out a shocked gasp, "What is that?"

"It's a secret," He laughed.

"So what should I wear then? Something classy, casual, or smart casual?"

Gabriel went silent for a second, thinking for the right answer though I already knew the answer, "Smart casual would be perfect,"

"So a dress as it is! I'll see you tonight then?"

"Okay, gotta pick you up at 6pm. I already miss to meet you, beautiful. See ya!" We hang up and I made my way upstairs to my room, headed to the bathroom. I went for a hot shower and then putting on a backless black-white dress that stopped on my knees. The top was white and the skirt was black, and I thought the dress showed my curves perfectly. I let my hair dangled perfectly, putting on some light makeup and for the finishing touch I took out a pair of high heel with black straps.

*******

"Where are we going, Gabe?" I asked sternly, but grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"It's a secret babe," He said, didn't look away from the road, "And you might need to close your eyes 'cause I didn't bring any blindfold with me."

"Okay then," I said putting my bare hands over my eyes when suddenly felt the car slowly stopped. A moment after, I heard Gabriel opened the door for me, guided me to step out from the car cautiously.

"Keep them close tight," Gabriel cooed behind my ears, lead me to the entrance from behind. My ears were almost bursting from the sudden change from total quiet to loud chatters around.

"Umm...we booked under Gabriel Conte," I heard Gabriel said quite shy. And a French accented guy answered him, "Right this way, sir."

Gabriel lead me very carefully through the whole loud surrounding, and I was almost tripped over at something but slowly gained my balance.

A few step later I heard a door open and seconds later my face was hit by a cold air outside.

"You can open your eyes now," Gabriel said, and I opened my eyes, gasped at what I was seeing. We were outside of the restaurant, at a table with red and white checkered cloth. And everything were on the exact spot as they were in the Lady and The Tramp, my favorite Disney movie.

"Oh Gabriel, this is...." I was speechless as the reality hit me. Gabriel grabbed my hands and we sat on the table face to face in a few seconds of comfort silent.

"I don't know what to say, this is really....Oh My God," I kept chanting on 'omg' over and over with both of my hands over my mouth when a waiter came in with a plate of Spaghetti Bolognese.

"Do you like it?" Gabriel finally asked awkwardly, scracthing the back of his neck, "I mean, I know you prefer something simple as a date like stargazing or cuddling under the blanket watching Netflix together, and I'm afraid this is a bit too much for our date, but I really want to-"

"Ohh stop saying that, this is GREAT!" I said sheepishly, dugging my fork into my plate full of spaghetti and bribed all into my mouth. Gabriel did the same thing but with an unaccidental slurping noise, made us crack up in the end.

It reminded me when we made the contest for making the loudest slurping noise we could ever made with Louis and I won the contest. It reminded me having a really good time together, when I first fell in love with Gabriel.

"It's about tomorrow, yeah?" I said when we were enjoying our caramel apple crumble.

"Are you nervous?" Gabriel asked me, looking deep into my eyes.

"Oh, it always gets in to my nerves. But I get used to it. It's about time." I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Trishia, there's nothing to scared about. You'll be okay, I promise." Gabriel said not wanting to ruin the moment. "I know,"

"My mom texted me that they'll be coming from Australia tomorrow," I said trying to changed the topic.

"That's great! I can finally meet your parents and we surely will have a fun time together after your surgery."

Gabriel was probably right because I had this sneaky feeling that everything would be alright.