Chapter One

Narumiko Sakurama. I have too many nicknames, you can make one randomly with na,ru,mi,ko,sa,ku,ra,ma. Some call me Nami, Naru, Sakura, well... whatever. Girl. 14 years old. April 11 is my birthday. Straight, long, light brown hair. Simple. Not that fashionable. Doesn't care about what I look like but I cringe everytime I look at the mirror from school and think that "I looked like that all day?". Go with the flow. Good listener (that's what they say). Good advicer (well, they say that too). Doesn't have too much friends here at school but I have some in my previous school, though I'm pretty close with everyone. I'm gloomy (they say) but when I talk to other I'm fun to be with and sweet (they say that too.) They say I'm daandere? Not sure. Ahh, I really don't know that kind of stuff. Is there even a daandere? Eh?! Whatever. I live by myself. Good at cooking. Likes sports. I can play basketball. Guitarist, drummer, pianist, vocalist(can be), well, pretty much anything. EXCEPT FOR THE INSTRUMENTS THAT USES MY MOUTH. Ibhate them. FOR REAL.

Well, I distance myself with others to prevent losing something special. And most of all... my parents... my brother... are all dead.

Well, that's a lot. That's just my description. Sorry for talking too much.

Now, I'm attending this school called Teiko. I transferred here when my family died. Good thing my dad and mom gave me my "teen money" (when we reached our teen days, mom and dad would give us some money to go shopping) so I have enough money for somethings. The company where my dad goes gave me money for me to enroll. They also gave me a small house to live in all by myself near my school. The company where my mom was working also gave me money and assisted me with things like uniform, school, and the things inside the house. My older brother also gave me some money. He was already working that time before they... died.

But, it' not like I'm sulking or anything. Hehe. It's just that, it kinda makes me sad to think that I am the only one who survived that ambush.

My dad works in an engineer in a well-known company and my mom is a fashion designer, I was thinking why am I not fashionable when my mom is a fashion designer? My friends think like that too. Oh well... I'm okay with my boyish kind of style. My brother infuenced my attitude, I think. Well, going back to my parwnts, I think they were somewhat popular with their jobs.

So that day, when we were at our car, our music is so loud that we were all singing out loud. We were so happy that time. And then, we heard a gun shot.

We were all startled but dad kept on driving as he shouted for us to drop down. We all did what he said but he shouted my mom's name and I called out for her too. My brother held me back and dropped down when I tried to go to my mom's side. She held dad's face and said to take care of us and said I love you... her hands dropped and she was held up by the seat belt. I looked at dad... his cheeks has marks of blood. I called out to my mom again... but more gunshots is what I heard. My brother held me tighter and I looked at him. I called out to him again and his face looked like he is hurting. I called out again. He was... crying. I called out to him and held his face to wipe his tears. HE said my name and apologized for not protecting me. But I didn't quite understand. Why? He's been protecting me ever since.

His tears dropped on my face and I noticed my eyes were getting dry so I blinked and... tears came out. i was crying. I don't know what's happening that time but I know it's horrible. I continously cried and my brother called me. I looked at him. He smiled at me.

Gunshots..

He said he loved me as he held my cheeks. I felt something sticky. I realized it is blood. He's been shot. His smile faded as his face showed that he is hurting. I shouted for them to stop but the gunshots are louder than my voice. I tried louder but my brother put a finger on my lips to hush me down. He apologized again... I don't understand why he is apologizing. My teaRs came out aGain.