Chapter Twenty-One

(( UNEDITED BUT WILL BE EDITED SOON XD ghad I am kinda sick so sorry crappy update ))

[Kuroko's POV:] (( here comes mah baybeh Kuroko~ ♥ ))

I dribbled the ball towards under the hoop and tried to do a lay up... but it missed and bounced off the ring. I guess I was never really been born to shoot.

I picked the round thing and clutched it in my hands.

Earlier this day, I tried to talk to Aomine-kun... but... It never worked.

How... How can I bring back the Aomine-kun I know who is a basketball idiot and loves the sport whole heartedly?

E... Everything... Everything has changed.

Even Murasakibara-kun and Akashi-kun. Even our style of play. I am not even needed on the court anymore. I'll just play so we can reserve the GOM members' strength. I am useless already. There's no need for a Phantom Sixth Man.

I know that... but still I am here, playing basketball.

Why?

Because I love basketball. I'll try my hardest to be a better player.

Sigh... I can do nothing but to sit and watch... for now.

I dribbled the ball again and tried to shoot in the free throw line... but... I just watched the scene earlier be replayed.

I turned around and I saw a red head near the locker room.

I walked towards him. "Akashi-kun." I called out. He stopped walking and turned around to look at me.

"Why are you still practicing? Everyone went to go change." He said to me.

I was shocked when he threw a towel at me so I took it, "Dry yourself quickly. It would be bad if you catch a cold."

In the middle of my conversation with Aomine-kun, it suddenly rained. So when I got back here inside the court, I practiced shooting immediately.

I held the towel near my face. I can still see the expression Aomine-kun gave me before he walked away. I just watched him go because I don't know what to say. I have ran out of words to say to him. It's just that, I felt like I can do nothing for him anymore because I am weak. I just stood there like a coward. Never tried to bring him back to practice again.

"From your expression," Akashi-kun brought me out of my thoughts, "I can notice that it didn't work."

What kind of expression am I wearing that time? Is it that miserable? Well, I didn't notice.

I just let my head hung low and replied, "...That's right."

There was silence between us again.

"I see. Then..." I looked up to stare at him but not directly into his eyes, "There's nothing more that we can do."

I waited for him to speak again.

"Give up on Aomine."

"...Eh?"

My eyes widened. I was shaking and I don't know why. I think those four words strucked me... hard.

Giving up on Aomine-kun. No. I can't do that.

"Why... If the one who allowed me to go get him was the very same Akashi-kun..." I managed to speak.

"Yes... That was the last chance." He closed his eyes and spoke again when he opened them.

"Once a porcelain plate has a crack, it's impossible to return it to it's old form." He started speaking in a metaphoric way, "However, if you try to fix it, it could still be used. If there were a need, I would definitely use something else. But that's not the case. So we'll use it as it is now."