Chapter Twenty-Seven

Narumiko was with Momoi inside the room, taking care of the unconscious Kuroko. She feels so uneasy so she decided to go out and fetch some drinks again. It was the first thing that she thought that could be a good excuse to go out. She was also feeling a little bit thirstty so that's why.

Narumiko got herself a drink and sat at the bench beside it. She only held the cold can in her frail hands. Trying to calm herself.

The next game... Would be with Meiko's. What will Akashi and the others do with them? And how about Kuroko's promise with his bestfriend? This has gone too complicated for my head.

Naru stayed there and stared into blank space. She needs her head to rest. Everything was just too complicated right now.

Meanwhile, at the medical office, Momoi got worried about Narumiko because she was taking to long. She went out of the room and looked around. But instead of seeing a mocha haired girl, she saw an orange haired boy.

(( A: Not sure about Ogiwara-sama's hair but Wiki said that it's orange... hnnng ))

"Is Kuroko-kun here?" The boy asked to the pink haired manager.

Momoi looked at him with a shocked expression as she said, "Ah... Yeah. But he's still not conscious."

"Hmm. Okay, thanks." The boy turned to walk away but the girl asked, "Are you an acquaintance of Tetsu-kun?"

Then somebody joined in their conversation, "And who might you be?" The red head captain of the Generation of Miracles said.

The taller boy stared at the piercing eyes of the emperor, "What bussiness do you have with Tetsuya?"

"I'm Ogiwara Shigehiro of Meiko. I'd like to see my friend, Kuroko." He stated with a straight face, acting like he's not intimidated by the other boy's presence.

"Our opponent it the final. Ogiwara?" Akashi said, he seemed familiar with the name.

"Ah. I see. You were the reason why Tetsuya exerted himself in the last game." He continued.

"Looks like both of us eagerly awaited for the next game. But I"m afraid Tetsuya wouldn't be able to play." Akashi took some steps forward, passing through Ogiwara's bigger build as he said, "Since the result will remain the same, I hope you all hang on until the very end."

Ogiwara was taken aback by the Emperor's words. He then looked to his back and called out to Akashi, "Wait. At least, you guys feel happy when playing basketball?" He turned to face Akashi properly.

Aakshi stopped in his tracks and looked back to Ogiwara too as he said, "I don't know the meaning of that question."

Ogiwara took a breath as he started, "I can't stand the fact that I can't play against Kuroko in the final, but I won't say anything anymore. I also anticipated the fact that you don't see us as some worthy opponents."

Akashi gave him a glare, but he still continued, "Teikou is in fact strong. But you play only for the sake of winning. Aren't you guys playing because of something more than that?"

Akashi sneered.

Back to Narumiko, she was walking down the hallway, back to the room where Kuroko is resting. She's in charge of staying at the court when the match starts because Momoi would be the one to take care of Kuroko.

Hmm... To be honest, I don't want to go and see the match. What if something heart wrenching happens? Well, stop. Let's hope nothing that much happens. She thought to herself.

She walked towards the end of the hallway and saw a boy with orange hair.

Huh? Wait... Isn't that... "N-Ne~ Ogiwa-"

"So in short, you're telling me that we should enjoy the game?" She heard. A strict voice making her shut her mouth in an instant.

She peeked a bit more to the person talking to Ogiwara.

Akashi...?

"Hilarious." Akashi scoffed, "'Although we lost, at least we had fun together.' is just an excuse that the weak use to feel better even if they lost."

Narumiko leaned on the wall and hid from the perspective of the two, listening intently.

"It is true that no one would really want to lose but it was all because of that, a person can work harder to win next time. Then that's when we enjoy the results of all the efforts we've given." Ogiwara said with conviction, "That's the joy of playing basketball!" He finished.

Akashi smiled a little, "At the end of the day, what you said was all just talk. After you lose, you're going to protect yourself with those sweet nonsense to calm you down." He then turned to walk away, "Really, what a waste of time."

Ogiwara just watched Akashi as he walk away, but then he shouted lastly, "Tell Kuroko that we definitely have to play basketball together!"

What... Just happened...?

Narumiko took a peek and she saw Akashi accompanying Momoi inside the room where Kuroko is. Ogiwara walked away too.

Is that really Akashi? Did he really change that much?

As she thought, the next game must be feared.

She just walked towards the gym and sat at the bench. Waiting for the finals to start.

~ ~ ~

Inside the clinic, Kuroko has already woken up.

Kuroko was concerned about the game but Akashu assured him that it'd be their win and also informed Kuroko that there's only five minutes left before it starts.

Kuroko pushed the thought of him, wanting to play in the finals but Akashi told him not to because the doctor insisted for him to stay.

Kuroko tried to push it even further but Akashi told him that he ran onto Ogiwara, just minutes ago and told him what Ogiwara said... "We definitely have to play basketball together."

Kuroko calmed down somehow after Akashi said that. But Kuroko asked for a favor.

He asked Akashi to not hold back in the game no matter how big the point difference is.

"I'd get even angrier if my opponent took it easy on me." This was what Ogiwara told Kuroko once.

Akashi agreed and said, "I understand. I'll let them witness... Teikou's strength."

~ ~ ~

Narumiko was staring into nothingness when she heard Kise and the others talking about something to make the game fun. She didn't pay attention to it because she knows it's just another stupid thing so she didn't mind it.

She closed her eyed and calmed her breathing. She just realized that she's tensed because she doesn't want to see this terrifying battle.

But she wanted to act as their professional manager so she calmed herself and stayed.

"Sounds good." A familiar voice said as the footsteps grew louder, closing in to her.

"In fact, it's a very good idea for our next opponents." Narumiko slowly looked up to the red head captain. She didn't understood his words but when Kise's idea has finally loaded inside her brain, she wa stupefied.

Akashi just agreed to Kise's horrible idea.

She was left with her mouth slightly open. The team walked to form the line and with that thought inside their heads.

Dear God, this match woud be dreadful.

Meiko's going to be crushed. 

-----------------------

(( A: Hey guys sorry for the short chapter. I took a break from wattpad for a while bc I've been reviewing for my senior year entrance exams for college oh wait WHAT. But anyway, here's a chap for you~ Sorry if it's crappy and all ;_; Huhu. Pls no hate.

Love you readers that still read this story muwah hahaha XD I'm too sweet EW.

Btw, this is unedited so sorry for my mistakes if I have some :(

Lol. Bye~ 'Til next update~! ))