Chapter Twenty-Eight

The half of the fourth quarter and Narumiko decided to go check up on Kuroko. She didn't want to stay and watch the game because to think that it was Kuroko's best friend being crushed by the team, it was just heart breaking.

She knows it is kind of biased because she never thought of the GOM this cold hearted at first, but she's only human. Everyone of us has our own flaws.

She passed by the clinic but went straight to the vendo machine again. She finished her drink earlier after the first half of the game so she wants another one again.

She got herself a canned coffee and drank it in a minute. She's obsessed with coffee and the taste of it on her tongue just calmed her veins down.

Sighing, she dragged her feet towards the clinic where Kuroko was supposed to be resting at.

Why the hell is this happening? Everything has gone so wrong...

Narumiko paused in walking as an image of a red head flashes inside her head.

Even my relationship with Akashi was so messed up.

She then continued to walk, shrugging the thought away.

But it's not like my relationship with Akashi is the only one messy right now. Even the other members of the GOM. 

She shook her aching head and massaged it a bit.

Damn, hard, life.

Little did she notice, she's already in front of the door of the room she was going to.

She reached for the knob and realized the door has been left ajar.

With one of her brows raised in suspicion, she slowly opened the door.

What the...

She stayed at the door step, staring if there's something wrong inside the room. 

Damn. I got scared of nothing. There's no one here.

She rolled her eyes at her own stupidity as she sat on the bed.

Well, where's Kuroko and Momoi anyway?

She looked around. Looked at the restroom inside the clinic if there's someone there.

"Hmm.. Where are they?" She said to herself. Thinking about where they have gone to.

She stopped in one of her thoughts. Eyes widening as realization hits her.

Oh shit. 

She immediately got out of the clinic, running the fastest that she can.

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn it all.

She took a glance at her wrist watch and saw that only little time is left for the game to end.

Please tell me they didn't went to see the last minutes of the game, please.

She took a turn and went to the hallway where there's a live broadcast of the game. She didn't see Kuroko nor Momoi but she saw that the game has finally ended.

With a heart beating fast, she went inside the gym and looked around for Kuroko.

Hey eyes stopping at a scene... Her heart pumped a loud, painful, single beat.

As the scene registers in her mind slowly...

The teal haired boy with tears in his eyes, an orange head looking at the boy who's crying with a hopeless expression on his face, the end of the game with a 100 points gap... The promise broken... and crushed.