Five: Fear

"YOU'RE BLACKMAILING OUR TEACHER!?" Draven yelled at me as we walked out of school.

It was the end of the day, so I finally decided that I was going to tell him. We walked with Claire and Derek. Claire was smiling at me in an 'I told you he would react this way' look. I glared at her, and at Derek as he laughed at me getting into trouble. Draven was angry, for what reason I did not know. I mean it was a harmless prank, and I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his career.

"Draven, it's not a big deal."

"Baby, he could get you expelled. That is a big deal!"

"If he tries anything, this picture gets leaked everywhere." I snapped.

He looked at me, then turned away. He walked to his car, and Derek followed shortly. They were brothers. Did I forget to mention that? As they left, Draven stopped in front of Claire's car, and honked.

"Don't do anything stupid Adrianna."

I hate when he uses my true name. He knows how angry I get. But he was being serious, he meant business. I looked at him, straight into his emerald eyes, and I smiled. I walked around the car, and to his window. He looked up at me, still serious.

"Baby, it's like you don't even know me." I whispered into his ear. "I'd never do anything stupid, just maybe a little irrational."

"Adrianna!" he yelled as I walked away to Claire.

"Ari, I think he might kill you." She laughed as they sped away.

"He can try." I laughed with her.

We got in and she took me home. I offered her some help with English, but she already had Derek helping her. I waved goodbye as she drove off, and walked up to me door. Already pushed in. Unlocked and slightly open. Intruders.

"Fuck." I whispered opening the door, and sneaking in.

There was some movement in the kitchen, leading to the den. Dammit they were back. I looked for something, anything to scare them off with. Nothing, what would I grab? Slowly, I approached the room... and there was only one. He looked to be about, well my age. He looked 18, but his body was built to be about 26 at the eldest. He had Brown hair, and from what I could tell his eyes were brown as well. Though he was taller than me, I knew I could take him. His posture was off, meaning he had recently hurt his back. I could see all his weaknesses.

As he went through the papers, I looked at what he was looking at. MY FILE! Grandpa must've moved it, now this man had found it. I opened the den door, and he quickly turned. His cheek bones were high, but his jaw was sculpted. His lips were thin, and parted from the fast movement, and because he got caught. I looked at him wide eyes, pretending to be just coming home. I was a great actress, just saying.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked, extremely pissed off.

"Well, hello." He said checking me out.

"Get out of this house, and give me my file." I snapped.

"So not happening." He said. "But, if you wanna come with me babe, we can have some fun." He smirked at me.

I laughed, and he stopped smiling at me. Realizing an oncoming threat, I picked up my grandfather's statue from the table next to the door, and chucked it at him. He dodged, then looked at me, angry. He jumped over the desk and pushed me out of the door. I rolled, and one knee, with both my hands on the floor. I looked up at him as he smiled. I chuckled, standing. Impulse I suppose it was, but I walked a few steps forward, and he threw a punch. Dodging, his arm went right past my face, and I grabbed it. I brought his arm to my knee, then flipped him over my back, and let him go. He fell with a thump, and growled at me. GROWLED, like an animal. I smirked just a little, I had obviously stunned him with my skills. As he stood, I could see he pulled something from his belt. He came forward fast, and I didn't have time to dodge. A stinging pain on my arm, and I cried out. Bringing up my hand to cover the wound, blood rolled down my arm.

"You bitch!" I screamed.

"Come on sweetheart, I thought you wanted to play dirty?" he said looking me up and down once more.

"You're sick."

He laughed, and then came at me again. As I ducked, I kicked him in the back, and this time he cried out in pain. Good, you get what you give bastard. I ran to the kitchen while he was down and grabbed the butcher's knife. He stood looking around for me. I came from behind, and jabbed the knife into his back. He yelled out in extreme pain, and swung at me. I dodged and ripped out the knife. He cried out, and off guard, I threw him to the floor, disarming him, and out my knife to his throat.

"Do it." He dared me.

"I would, but," I took my file out of his bag, and slid it away from him. "I have what I need, without spilling unnecessary blood on my hands. Leave." I said pulling him up.

"You won't be able to save them, we're the only ones who can help you."

"Get the fuck out of my house, NOW." I said pushing him out.

A car, black as night drove up, and he looked back at me. He smiled looked me straight in the eye, and spoke.

"We'll meet again Miss Johnson." He said bowing and getting into the car.

I watched them leave and then cleaned up the mess. My grandparents had gone out. Shopping maybe, it didn't matter. I rapidly cleaned, and couldn't even feel my arm wound. The doorbell rang, and I walked up to it, a broom in hand. I opened the door to see Draven, and I smiled. He smiled back until he noticed my wound, and his eyes went wide.

"Ari, what happened!?" he said coming immediately into my house.

"There was this intruder, and I fought him, and he had a knife. So he cut my arm open, but don't worry I got him in the back." I said quickly.

"Ari, you need to call the police. This is a serious matter!" he said grabbing bandages from my bathroom.

"No! Gram and Pap cannot know what happened, they'd be in serious danger. This guy, he said only he could save me!" I yelled at him down the hall.

He came out with bandages, and cleaned and wrapped my arm. Damn it hurt. I cringed whenever he touched it.

"But Ari -"

"No, Draven. No." I said sternly.

I looked him in the eyes and he could tell I was being serious. He sighed and helped me clean up. I cleaned the knife off, watching the blood go down the drain. It was a pretty color, like a deep maroon. It was odd watching it... I don't know ignore my rambling. Draven and I did our homework, in an awkward silence, that was killing me.

"Ari I wanted to"

"Draven I was going to"

We laughed as we both spoke at the same time. I told him he could go first, and he smiled at me.

"I was going to call you, I wanted to apologize for the way I acted. I know you were just trying to defend Claire in class, but you could be getting into some serious trouble here."

"Draven, baby... I love you. I know you worry, but I'm fine. I won't get into any trouble. I got this."

He kissed the top of my head, and noticed something on the floor. It was my file, I quickly snatched it from his hands before he could read anything in it. Not even I had read it yet.

"Ari, what is that?" he asked.

"My file, the most secretive thing in this entire house, not even I have read it yet. So you can't until I do. I have to clean some more, thank you for your help. I'll see you tomorrow." As he left I looked at my file, and began to read.