Twenty Seven: Unprepared

He was at the desk. Sitting there holding the sides of his head. As I walked in, he turned towards me, and stood. He was shirtless, and it was a little surprising that he'd actually let me see him. He smiled, fake, again.

"Stop that."

"What do you want me to do? Pretend to be happy?"

"I want you to be real with me." I snapped.

"About what?"

"How many girls?" I asked simply, sitting down on my bed.

"How many since when? When we broke up?"

"When else would they come from?"

"8. Exactly 8."

"Eight girls, you've slept with, eight girls you've had feelings for?" I said looking at him appalled.

"What did you want me to do?" he said "Pretend that I would wait for you to finally realize Jordan was wrong for you?"

"I definitely didn't think you'd sleep with 8 girls."

"I don't see how, before I dated you it was a girl a week." He said looking back at the computer.

"A girl a week? That's impressive Draven, really it is."

"Adrianna, why are you really here? What was it that made you come here to speak with me?"

"Because I can't."

"Can't?"

"Can't watch you with other girls, it kills me."

"And you think I actually like those girls? No, I'm trying hard to find someone like you did, like you found Jordan immediately after."

"Jordan isn't really, well he isn't, he's just making it hard for me to feel like loving you was okay."

"Wait what?"

"I'm not exactly sure what I want Draven. I can't actually date Jordan if I'm still in love with you. It isn't fair to him. He's an amazing guy, I'm falling for him, but dammit there's Draven in the back of my mind." I said looking at him as he walked up to me, sitting in front of me. "I can't get over what we had, and maybe if I had just told Jordan no, that this wouldn't be what this was. We'd be making a mess of the sheets, and we'd be together instead of in this battle between you and Jordan, and you and I, and Jordan and I half the time."

"You really still love me?"

"Of course I do, this isn't something I can just let go of."

"So you and Jordan haven't done anything serious?"

"Define serious..."

"Ari you didn't."

"Not like you haven't. Jordan and I did because we were in the heat of the moment and it got super serious super-fast."

He stood from the bed and then put his back to me. I stood and touched his back softly trying to get him to turn to face me. He turned quickly and pushed me into the wall. He looked down at me, and then smirked. Slowly he leaned in, and kissed me. And I felt, I felt the same thing I did when Jordan and I were together. Sparks. This was only supposed to happen with one person, why were there two people for me? Slowly I leaned into him, and he pulled me from the wall and to the bed. Dammit I didn't want this to end. His hand were on my waist, and mine on his chest. As I pulled away, he flipped so I was on top of him. I looked down into his eyes. They were still the amazing color of emerald. God they made all my walls melt. But somehow they stayed built up. My mind was racing and then I realized something. If this was my relationship with Draven, still madly in love with him, then why was I dragging Jordan out like this?

"Draven I have to talk to Jordan."

"What?" he said sitting up so I was in his lap.

"He needs to know, I'm not going to drag both of you along, since I love both of you."

"So what're you doing?"

"Ending both of these relationship thingies."

"Wait, even this? How am I to resist you, you're in the same room?"

"Maybe I'll keep this, maybe I won't." I said grabbing my sword and walking out, leaving a confused and bothered Draven behind.