Twenty Three: Fine

Alright so maybe I lied. As soon as it began I wasn't fine. I wasn't ready to give up on Draven. But yet, I wasn't ready to tell Jordan no. So when they both came in, Draven looking at everyone like they were threats, Derek decided not today. We split from the room, and we would come back tomorrow. Claire and Derek left first, and they walked down the hall towards the elevator that led to the lab. Kyle left with Draven, who still looked at everyone like he was about to shoot us all. They were headed towards the main level to do more research. As for Jordan, I wasn't sure where he was off to. I had left before him, last I saw he was on the computer going over the files.

I was tired. For once I didn't know what to do with myself. I wanted to go up to my room and sleep but that wasn't smart especially since I could see Draven within twenty minutes then we would get into it. So I clicked on the training level and I went to destroy something. As I exited the elevator, some people were getting on. I walked past them, and they only stared at me. I kept going. I wasn't in the mood. I entered the room and saw Scott, he was on the phone. I didn't want to interrupt, so I went on to practice with my weapon.

But then, he began to yell. And it was kind of hard to ignore him then. I slowed my movements down like I was cooling off. I swung my sword to the right, and then to the left. And as I did, he slowly looked at me, like he was looking for the enemy. He began to whisper and I still could hear him.

"You're asking me to betray everything, and everyone I know." He said silently. "No, you listen. I'm working with you the best I can, but this... this is too much for me."

The other end of the line kept talking then Scott's eyebrows raised.

"You'd pay me how much? Damn, I'd do anything." He nodded to himself. "Alright, alright. I'll do it, just don't say I didn't warn you. This is going to blow up in your face."

And then he hung up. I looked back to the dummy, and then cut off all its body parts. Scott came over and looked at the dummy.

"Who are you angry at this time X?"

"Draven."'

"Again?"

"Yeah..." I played it cool, and then looked at him.

"I'd never wanna be on your bad side." He said simply

"Hopefully, you never will." I said looking into his eyes.

He laughed and then turned away before I could get into his memories. As he walked way something felt off. Like I knew what he was going to do. But I couldn't put my finger on it. I watched him leave and then I pack up all my things. This was serious and I needed to see Father. As I walked from the room, the elevator doors opened. Jordan walked out, and looked up and stopped when he saw me.

"X?"

"Hey." I stated.

"I thought you were resting?"

"No I was too angry to rest. I have to tell Father something."

"Can't you tell me first? I'll come up with you."

"I know who the double agent is."

"What!?" he yelled grabbing my arms.

"Jordan, can we..."

"Yeah."

We got on and I explained it all. The phone calls, the way Scott was talking about betraying. It was all so obvious to me. As I explained it Jordan, he just kept watching me rant on. I looked at him mid-sentence and trailed off.

"What?" I asked.

"You make me want to just, scream sometimes. You drive me crazy, and I don't know what to do about it. Draven still loves you. God you drive him crazy, insane even. He was talking to Kyle about it. He feels he has lost you completely, to me. And I want that to be true, so badly. But I know it really isn't I can see that he still owns your heart."

"Jordan, I need to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

"That is true."

"Wait, what?" he asked his eyes glowing a bit.

The elevator door dinged and I got off. He still was watching me a bit stunned. That's when the doors began to close, and he seemed to pop awake.

"Thanks for the company, Jordan." I said smiling as the door closed on him.

"X!" he yelled but they shut too fast.

Father walked from his office, and then looked at me. I swiftly walked to him, and pulled him back into the room. He looked confused, and then I locked the door.

"There's a double agent, and I know who it is."

"What are you talking about X?"

"I'm talking about our mission, the job you put us on. We found out there's a double agent, and he is someone very close to us."

"X, that's impossible, all phone calls and anything go through me." He snapped. "It's completely impossible that someone could get past my system."

"Sir! It's Scott!" I yelled over his ranting.

"Scott? Really, you believe it's Scott?"

"Yes!"

"I'm sorry, X. That isn't possible. Scott has been with us for years now."

"You're just denying this because you know I'm right!" I said as I watched him unlock the door.

"C'mon, X" Jordan said showing in the doorway.

"Jordan, you have to"

"X, let's just go."

Jordan pulled me out of his Father's office, and looked me in the eye. I looked at him, and my eyes, even all black and unreadable, seemed to be wild. He held my arms, and I was still looking into his eyes.

"Jordan he's going to do something, and we can't stop it."

"We can. Not Father. He'll never help us. But WE can."

"Jordan, I don't know, we need resources. And I need his memories." I said simply. "He's avoiding me, I can tell. I know what he's doing."

"X, please. Let's go."

As we left towards the hall, I pulled Jordan aside, away from the crowd. I pulled him against me, and then looked into his eyes. He was shocked and his eyes glowed. He was so close, one hand against the wall, the other on my waist. Slowly I leaned up and kissed him. He immediately kissed me back, and pushed me against the wall, both hands on my hips. I smiled against his lips, the spark was undeniable. And as I smiled, he pulled away and kissed down my neck. I closed my eyes and he came back to my lips. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I brought him closer. He lowered his hands slowly, and I laughed. As he kissed down my neck again, I slowly pulled away from him. He placed his forehead on my own, and he looked into my eyes, and his were glowing. I smirked a little, and he pulled me from the wall and back into the hallway.

"What are you doing to me?"

"What you said, it was true. I did leave him for you.

"X..." Jordan said.

"I'm driving you mad. I know. It's my specialty."