Sixteen: Burning in Hell

I watched alongside Draven. The horrid pictures. The moving images on my screen, the experiment gone wrong. Exactly three years ago, they tested it on... my mother. I watched, taking in everything that was going on. I didn't feel sad, I barely felt anything now. Father watched, trying to perfect the experiment, in the process, he killed her. Without a care in the world.

"I told you she wasn't ready!"

"Agent Johnson, she volunteered."

"You're a bastard Daniel. You killed my wife!"

"It is a tragedy yes, but think about it! You're daughter, is now the perfect subject! We can use your experimental processing cells, and inject them into her infant body. She'll grow and learn more than anyone, be extraordinary. She could change the world!"

"You will be nowhere near my daughter. Adrianna is not your toy Daniel. My wife will not die in vain. My daughter will live normally, and grow up without you people there. Good luck finding her."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh Daniel, it is already done."

"You idiot! How are we supposed to track her now!?"

"That was my point. You can't find someone who doesn't exist Daniel. Now Adrianna is permanently off the grid, she won't be known to you, for at least 18 years. Good luck trying to get a free spirited 18 year old girl to do what you want."

"Come back here!"

My dad was grabbed by Father from behind. He quickly reacted taking a knife from his belt and slashing him across the eye. And this was how Father got his scar.

"He was fool." Father said shutting the screen down.

"You killed my mother?" I snapped standing to face him.

"She volunteered. She knew the risks, it was not my fault your fathers project was incomplete." Father defended himself.

"Yet, you experimented on her? You went against my dad's advice?"

"I was following orders."

"FROM WHO!?" I screamed. "YOU ARE IN CHARGE HERE."

"Not then, then my father was in charge. I wasn't the lead on the project, I wasn't anything back then." He said looking up at the screen.

I could feel my anger rising, like a thermometer. I was heated and I felt the need to injure something, someone, and anything. I looked at the screen, and I saw my dad. He looked at the camera, then the video went dead. His eyes, like they looked right into my own, were sad. For an emotionless person, his eyes sure said a whole lot. I walked out of the room, and I could hear someone try and follow.

"Don't, sir, you will get hurt." Draven said holding Father back.

I walked to the training room, and slowly as I walked past the different rooms... people left. They knew me, and they knew I was pissed off. I stood, before I walked in, and I was watching Scott. He was swift, and he was good. He never trained me anymore. Too dangerous for him, he wasn't specialized in my powers like the others were. I pushed the doors open, and he jumped back. He relaxed when he saw me.

"Agent, X. I see the mutation went well." He said looking me up and down.

"Yeah, it was perfect." I snapped.

"X, are you alright?"

"Scott, I need you to leave..." I said trailing off.

"I understand."

He walked out taking his bag with him. As he left, I could feel my anger growing once again. I walked to the middle of the room, and looked around. The images from my head were playing around me. My mother dying, Draven leaving, and Father not caring. As I watched the scenes, my breathing became deep and trying to control myself. I couldn't, and my mind went haywire. I screamed and threw my hands from my head to my sides, my palms facing out. Letting out a wave of energy, the walls charred black, and the floor around me charred as well. Just a small circle surrounding me was left normal. And as I looked around, I was surprised. The force and minimal effort to so such damage, was impossible. I didn't feel dizzy, and I didn't feel any sorrow for such an action. I imagine that if someone was there and it hurt them, then it would be a different story.

Father walked in with Scott and Draven. They stopped immediately eyes wide, looking around them. The training room was no longer white, but black. Burnt to a crisp, and the way I liked it. I walked from the white circle that had surrounded me, and up the Draven. He didn't smile, but just looked at Father. Father was smiling, and Scott was as well.

"Sir, you created a monster." Draven said looking down on me.

"I created the perfect weapon." Father said proudly.

"You think I'm a monster?" I asked looking at Draven, hurt and offended.

"You aren't the same. Like I said the other night."

"You're also a bastard. Burn in Hell Draven." I snapped.

I walked away pushing him out of my way, and went up in the elevator to the lab. Claire sat there watching the security footage of me burning the training room. She covered her mouth. Derek stopped the feedback and put a hand on her back. She sobbed a little and then looked down at her keyboard.

She began to type, and it was the code for the emergency 'Killer'. That was the safe killer, for if I got too out of control. I was to be injected with it while sleeping, or totally relaxed. I looked at the screen, then at Claire, and then Derek. I backed up a little, and was basically appalled.

"What have I done?" Claire whispered.

"You say that like you've done something wrong." I said crossing my arms.

"Ari!" Claire yelled looking surprised.

She turned her computer screen off, and I chuckled.

"I saw your screen, Claire. You want to kill the mutation? You won't get that close." I said looking into her eyes.

"Watch that anger of yours X." Derek said.

"Preppy is rubbing off on you, now you talk like him, and even act like him. My boyfriend is your brother and you disrespect me in such a way? Sad really."

"Get out of my lab." Claire said. "You've changed too much. We have to end your mutation." She grabbed a vial of something quickly and then grabbed a needle attaching it.

She came forward fast, like she trained for this moment. I put my hands up, and pointed my fingers at her. She froze mid step, and looked at me confused and angry. I stared at the vile, and it shattered. I dropped my hands, and she dropped to the floor. She looked at me, and then stood slowly.

"That was my only successful 'Killer'." She said grinding her teeth.

"Good, you don't need to worry your pretty little head about such big things. You might stress out and have a panic attack." I snapped walking away.

"Burn in Hell Adrianna!" she yelled as I walked out.

"Gladly."