Twenty Nine: Left Alone

My side buzzed, and I excused myself from the lesson. As I walked into the empty hall, I looked to make sure nobody was listening to me.

"Go for X."

"Ari!" Claire yelled "Did they hurt you!?"

"Claire, please as if they could. No I'm fine you'll never believe it, no questions asked."

"They just let you in?" Claire asked surprised.

"Yeah!" I said "It was very odd, I met someone here."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU MET SOMEONE!?" Yelled Jordan from the back.

"Will you chill? Not like that. His name is Stephen, he's my trainer, and he's so cute. But it's all business, I got someone already."

"Thanks" Draven and Jordan said at the same time.

There was an awkward silence then Claire cleared her throat.

"So what's it like?"

"Dark, gloomy... my kind of place."

"Isn't it terrible? Don't they torture people?"

"Maybe? I haven't gotten that far yet. It's only my first day in actual training. My grandfather wants me in combat as soon as possible."

"Wait, Grandfather?"

"Oh, yeah didn't I tell you guys? My grandfather is the head of our opposing agency."

"YOU FAILED TO MENTION THIS." Yelled Claire.

"You must still take out the agency." Jordan said.

"It isn't that simple now. This is my only kin. Maybe it isn't that bad here. I'm not taking them out until I have a valid reason."

"Are you disobeying orders?" Jordan asked sternly.

"Yeah." I snapped "I am."

"Damn even your voice turns me on." He said.

"Dude." Derek said in an annoyed voice.

"Right, anyway. I'm going back to my lesson, check in tomorrow. Agent X, out."

And I clicked them off. They were ridiculous. I heard a small noise, and I snapped my head around to look at an agent. They were smiling fakely and laughed when I saw them. They began to back away slowly, and then sprinted away. She wouldn't make it past two feet. I ran after her and then froze her. She looked scared as I walked in front of her. Her eyes were the only thing that could move, and they were wide open. I smiled and looked into her eyes. She heard the whole conversations. I waved my finger at her, and smiled wickedly. I stared into her eyes, and then closed mine. I put my hands on her face, warmth flooded to them. And as I snapped my eyes open, she burned to nothing in front of me. I dropped my hands from where her face was and looked at the ashes at my feet. Dammit what was I doing? I just killed a harmless woman... but it was right, she would've given me away.

I walked back to the training room, blowing the ashes all over the place, making it seem like dirt almost. As I entered, Stephen looked up from the manikin he was demolishing and smiled. I smirked and took out my sword. He followed my actions, and he drove the sword forward. Quickly I dodged and flipped forward getting a clean slice on his back. He turned to me surprised and a little confused. How did a girl like me cut a big man like him?

I laughed and he got into another position. I looked at him, like he dares keep going? And nodded and I came at him, fast. But as I brought down my sword, he blocked and then pulled a knife to my shoulder, stabbing it in. I screamed and looked at him, pissed off. He smiled cockily, looking at the knife in my shoulder.

"You wanna keep going?" he asked.

"Oh hell yeah." I said ripping the knife out, and throwing it into the wall.

He smiled and came at me. I looked to my right, then noticed something. I ran that way, and grabbed the device from the wall. He looked at me wide eyed, like he'd never expect me to do this. It wasn't heavy, it was light, portable. Easy to maneuver and easy to shoot. In my hand was a Glock, a common firearm. It was loaded, and it was white. He looked at me, then at it, and then dropped the weapon. I smiled, and took the ammo and holster from the wall strapping it to my thigh. Walking back over to where Stephen stood, he looked down at my thigh.

"Keeping it?"

"It matches the outfit." I smirked walking away.

"If that's your reasons for keepin it I suppose."

We left the room and went onto Grandfathers level, and into his office. As I looked around, I realized he had changed the look of it, very upbeat... not like someone died. He smiled as we walked in and handed me a file. Inside was information on, information on Claire. And Draven, and Derek, and Jordan. Even Kyle was in there. I looked at him surprised and then he handed me another file, on me.

"You're a mutant. And your mutation is unique to us. So we're going to do this nicely. You killed one of my agents in the hall about twenty minutes ago, with your mind. And I know why. You never came here to try and join us, they sent you here to destroy us. And now we're going to rub it in their faces that they never will be able too."

"Sir, I'm not sorry I killed your agent, she was in my way."

"Stephen, I need a favor."

"Sir?" he asked.

"Drug her."

Before I could even react something was stuck into my neck, and then I felt dizzy, and blurred. Almost dead like. And as I drifted away, I heard my Grandfather say:

"Contact her agency, and make sure they know she's not going to make it home anytime soon."