Thirty One: Dying

"She's bleeding out." Stephen said to the screen.

"You can't kill your own granddaughter. Master, please." Someone pleaded.

"She is not my granddaughter anymore. I do not want to be related to that thing."

"You're sick." Claire snapped at him.

"Awe little girl, you're next." Grandfather said.

"Watch your mouth old man" I snapped "I won't be this weak forever. And when my powers come back. You're dead."

"Stephen take care of her."

"Ari!" Draven yelled before the screen went blank.

Stephen walked into the cell and closed the door. I was restrained immediately, and then he pulled out the knife from yesterday, and stuck it back in the wound on my thigh. I cringed in pain, I was too weak to scream. As he looked at me, he stopped smiling, and he noticed something.

"Sir, her eyes are no longer black. She has irises again."

"What?" Grandfather said.

"She has eyes, golden ones. They glow now, and they glow bright." He looked afraid, as he should've been.

"What did we inject her with?"

"An anti-mutant sir."

"Go get more." He hissed.

Stephen quickly went from the cell and out the large room towards the lab. Scott entered next, with Sanderson behind him. She held the tube containing the anti-mutant. I growled and pulled on my chains. Grandfather watched me, smirking, the bastard knew I was too weak. I stopped pulling and thought to myself, why had my eyes changed? This wasn't like something normal that happened. I looked deep inside, and found the anti-mutant... it wasn't the anti-mutant at all. It was a disabler, basically it was something that wasn't permanent like they thought it would be. It was fading, I just needed some time. I needed time. I looked into Sanderson's eyes, and smiled. She stopped and fell to her knees. I had enough of my power to take her memories into my own.

She started to quiver, and shake. Trying so hard to resist me. It was cute. Scott looked at me, angry, and then came forward grabbing the tube from her hand, and she fell to the ground. I had taken everything that was her mind. Grandfather opened the door for Scott, and he came in. slowly he walked towards me, making sure I was still weak. But too late, Scott. You're about to get what's yours. My eyes closed slowly, putting on a show of weakness for them, but as he approached me, I snapped them open, and they glowed gold.

"Not this time bitch." He growled and lifted his hand to stab me with the needle.

"ENOUGH." I said, my voice echoing into the room. Grandfather looked at me, and his eyes went wide.

My chains had melted away, and my eyes glowed still. I looked at Scott, standing frozen in front of me, and smiled. My hair flowed behind me, my hands glowing with the power from within me. I looked at Sanderson, and she froze too. My own Grandfather was the only one who could move. I laughed as he tried to leave the room.

"Oh dear Grandfather, don't you know how my power works? Maybe I should show you." I said.

I walked past Scott, and with one look he was gone. Burned into a nothing, I smiled as my Grandfather looked at me worried. I walked past Sanderson, and again, she was up in flames. Couldn't scream, but she was feeling the pain. And again, one look and she was gone. As I got closer to Grandfather, the door opened and he fell straight on his back. Weapons were pointed down at him within two seconds. I looked down at him, then up into the one person I never expected to see. As she walked in, she looked nothing like my best friend.